GTX 780 3GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi friends,

A scary issue just popped up after one year of great Hackintosh operation. Upon boot, I get this message:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: done

The only change I made to my system was installing two apps
1) Fuse and 2)MLVFS which is a virtual file system designed to read RAW video in an Internet browser. The next time I booted up I got the error.

Any ideas? Several projects I need to do soon!
Thanks!

Hey guys, doing more research with no success, any ideas?

Hey guys, doing more research with no success, any ideas?

Restore your backup then install your two apps one at a time to discover which one is causing your problem.

Restore your backup then install your two apps one at a time to discover which one is causing your problem.

Hi P1LGRIM, I haven't got the chance to ever create a boot drive backup (working files i have though), but when trying some fixes on the internet, I discovered that if I have the Yosemite unibeast installer USB plugged in, it can bypass the error message and i can get into my boot drive. But it takes 7 minutes to load up.

Since i was able to get in, I uninstalled both apps (actually im not sure it matters, but one was a "Service" not an app), but when I restarted I was presented with the same issue. Could one of my kexts be missing?

Bumpidy bump bump

These are merely messages from a legacy boot process. Are you using Clover and doing a pure EFI boot? (I'm guessing no since otherwise you'd probably never try to load the legacy boot code.)

These are merely messages from a legacy boot process. Are you using Clover and doing a pure EFI boot? (I'm guessing no since otherwise you'd probably never try to load the legacy boot code.)
Hey inc! Nope, im using Chameleon, couldn't get clover to work. Any ideas as to what has changed and how to change it back?

Nope, I haven't used a BIOS legacy boot in quite some time. You've got some files in / on your boot device that contain boot code and you're letting the messages display. If you have never seen them before it's because something updated the boot loader and did so in a way that differs from the last time you did it.

Nope, I haven't used a BIOS legacy boot in quite some time. You've got some files in / on your boot device that contain boot code and you're letting the messages display. If you have never seen them before it's because something updated the boot loader and did so in a way that differs from the last time you did it.
Ah as i suspected. Ok cool. Would you recommend i try and re-instal Chameleon? Or maybe use this as a good oportunity to upgrade to El Capitan?:confused:

I wouldn't introduce a new OS until you're comfortable. If anything I'd recommend moving to Clover and getting familiar with that before you do a wholesale OS upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back