Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Solved] Boot Windows 8 from VMWare

Hi all,

I have a fully working installation of Mac OS 10.8.5 and Windows 8 on the same drive, both booting up correctly. I had to do a clean Windows 8 install and now I lost the option to run Windows from within Mac OS using VMWare Fusion. I cannot remember for the life of me how the heck did I set up my old Windows installation so it worked as it was installed using Bootcamp.

So, anyone knows how to make Mac OS believe that the Windows installation is a bootcamp partition?

Thanks!

Ok so what I'm noticing is that when I finish installing windows 8, I restart and obviously the PC boots up directly to windows because the windows installation wiped out chimera bootloader, so I restart using my unibeast drive, boot into Mac OS, run multibeast and re install chimera. Once I do this I cannot longer boot to windows, only Mac OS. If I select windows from chimera, I get the "no boot found" error, so... how do I fix the MBR for the windows partition only? or how do I reinstall chimera without killing the windows MBR?

[Solved] Boot Windows 8 from VMWare

The answer was as simple as re-partitioning the drive using Disk Utility from unibeast instead from the windows installer. Specifically I deleted the old windows partition and re created it again using FAT-32, then formatting it from within the Windows 8 installation. Now it's all running like a charm, dual boot and from VMWare as a bootcamp installation.

I hope this helps somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back