Contribute
Register

Boot Repair Utilities - Command-R at boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H77n-Wifi
CPU
i3-3225
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I haven't been able to find this searching the board, so forgive me if I missed it.

Is it possible with a Customac to use the keystroke combinations at boot, such as Command-R to boot into the Repair Utilities screen? I can't get it to work.

I cloned my HDD after an unexpected and curious os failure and permissions are all screwed up when I returned the system to the way I had it with my home folder on a separate drive. It seems as though all of my user permissions with apps are screwed up. I have made sure I have permission on my entire home folder.

For example I get tons of things like this in Disk Utility's verify permissions:

ACL found but not expected on “Applications/Address Book.app/Contents/MacOS”

If anyone knows a different way to fix this I am all ears.

Edit: scrapped the whole system, reinstalled Lion and all software. This time I gave myself permission of my old home folder before I copied some of its contents into the new home folder. Got everything nice and neat and then a new CCC backup.

There is no way to use key combos at boot like on a mac. Also, ACL errors in permissions are negligible, as in Leopard they added that flag to certain items to make the system secure, and if it was lost, disk utility didnt, and still doesnt, know how to repair it for some odd reason. No worries, but if a problem arises out of this just post about it here.

bigO_tx said:
There is no way to use key combos at boot like on a mac. Also, ACL errors in permissions are negligible, as in Leopard they added that flag to certain items to make the system secure, and if it was lost, disk utility didnt, and still doesnt, know how to repair it for some odd reason. No worries, but if a problem arises out of this just post about it here.

Thanks. I didn't think it was too big of a deal but there were some problems with mail, safari, iCloud in relation to the keychain.. I used the demo of Cocktail and it seems to be a little better.

That isnt related to your problem. Keychain has been a bugger for me as well. Seems that since it has been in the OS since 8.6 it would run well but it doesnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back