i7-5820K
Graphics
RX560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I'm trying to get a raid 0 going for my boot disk. Under ML I uses cpu kid guide. Which work good. I tried it again with marginal luck. Anyone have success with a raid 0 boot drive maverick ? Using cpukid guide for maverick causes slow boot up.. No Ethernet, sleep
problems to say the least.

UPDATE. I'm able to boot into my raid 0 ssd with my unibeast usb. Everything works perfectly.
When I run -v boot flag I get waiting for root device and stalls there.

I have follow cpukid guide as well,i have no problem with ML.
I try to rebuild my raid 0 for maverick and do a fresh install but i was stuck on the apple logo screen,it keep spinning like 30minute~1 hour,i have no success to boot in the system.

So it's mean you can boot in the system but have to use -v?

I tweeted cpukid, he says the guide should work for maverick. I can get the raid 0 drive to boot with unibeast usb on my ga-z77x-up5th board. when it does boot everything works perfectly.
when i use the raid id in the boot list/extra folder, like the guides says too. it boots 50 percent of the time without unibeast usb, but the hd4000 graphic acceleration is broke and the ethernet is gone. like its in safe mode. when i remove the ([FONT=arial, sans-serif]rd=uuid boot-uuid=[paste RAID identifier] space npci=0x-2000) string form the boot list it works[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]but cant boot without a unibeast usb[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
So something is broke with the raid id in the boot list(extra folder). Today Cpukid said its identical to ml and hes guide works for maverick.
[/FONT]

I tweeted he as well,but no reply from him. For ML,my raid 0 boot perfectly(fast and smooth,no problem at all),no unibeast usb needed. I hope there is a guide build RAID 0 for maverick from him soon.thanks :)

A buddy and I have almost Identical Haswell Builds. We want to use 4 SSDs in RAID 0 to boot from. We're using 4770Ks and GA-Z87X-UD5Hs with 2400 MHz Ram. We will also use ARECA 1230ML RAID cards for mass storage RAID 6 arrays, but I've heard you can't boot from those easily if at all, so we never planned on using those for anything but mass storage (4-12 drives). We're using the step-by-step of the "Install Mavericks on any Intel Computer" Guide. We can format the four SSDs, then set them up in RAID 0 through the USB utilities, and when it comes time to try to install it on there or restart it, the MOBO won't recognize the drives as being a single array. It sees 4 different drives and won't boot to them. What am I missing here? I'm sure it's simple and I'll go and read up on CPUKids' guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back