CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My hackintosh install became unstable on both of my SSD's so I unplugged all my drives, reinstalled my NVME drive and installed Windows 10 on it which I am currently writing this post on. If I wanted to plug my drives with OSX back in along with leaving my NVME drive installed, could my windows install on my NVME drive potentially get messed up? Obviously I would change the boot order in my BIOS to boot to my OSX SSD, but I am just wondering. Would I be better off removing the NVME drive to be on the safe side?

My hackintosh install became unstable on both of my SSD's so I unplugged all my drives, reinstalled my NVME drive and installed Windows 10 on it which I am currently writing this post on. If I wanted to plug my drives with OSX back in along with leaving my NVME drive installed, could my windows install on my NVME drive potentially get messed up? Obviously I would change the boot order in my BIOS to boot to my OSX SSD, but I am just wondering. Would I be better off removing the NVME drive to be on the safe side?
No, they would not become messed up invisibly, if some dialog popped up asking if you want to format unknown drives and you clicked yes, then they could be harmed.

It won't get messed up. I have macOS and Windows 10 on separate NVMe drives with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back