Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I'm very new to all this so sorry if I'm missing something obvious.
I've been trying to get OSX up and running on my Clevo P150HM (I7-2720QM, 2GB GTX 485M based with 8GB RAM). I had to use iBoot-Legacy to get anywhere but under legacy I have managed to get OSX starting up and everything working except my wifi and lan. While buyign myself a new WiFi router I came across this:

http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop ... ID=B667947

So I'm hoping this will solve my wifi problems (and if not its a useful thing to have around!).

Anyway ... thats not my main problem. I've installed Chimera 1.4.1 and the 10.7.3 kernel and on startup I get a kernel panic with a problem with kernel_task (I think anyway its not very obvious what the problem is). If I boot with iBoot-Legacy then I get no problem and I can get into OSX (I have my full native resoution and I can connect with an iPhone from XCode no problems) but my processor is unknown and I only get 4GB of RAM available. I've tried booting with -x and it makes 0 difference. I specifically upgraded to 10.7.3 with the hope that I'd get support for my sandy bridge based machine. I originally was tryign with Chameleon RC5 with no luck (I can't remember the failure with that). Then i came across Chiimera and thought I'd give it a crack and I still get the same problem despite the fact that it should all work from what i can tell ...

Has anyone got any ideas?

Re: Chimera problem with a Clevo P150HM

Moved to the correct forum, Laptop Support.

Trying to start up using the OSX86 mod cd it crashes in the same place but seems to give more information ... it seems to be related to ACPI (Which I've also confirmed with iBoot-Legacy is the next thing doen after the point where i crash without legacy).

To get that far with the OSX86 mod cd, though, I have to set the busratio much lower (8 was what I tried first of all).

The latest iBoot CD can boot your system with "arch=i386 maxmem=4096" boot arguments. Crashes are being caused by power management kexts. Delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext or install a disabler/null kext once you can boot to the desktop. With power management disabled, latest 10.6.x update and Chimera 1.4.1 you can boot without needing a CD.

WIFI, LAN, fingerprint reader and webcam are not supported under OSX yet if ever. USB 3 support is buggy and is not guaranteed to work with every device. I have had problems using my USB soundcard and a USB mixer on the 3.0 ports.

Make sure USB wireless cards are supported under OSX. Go to the manufacturers website first and download OSX drivers/software before buying.

Thanks for the response! :)

The USB wifi I posted earlier arrived today and is working PERFECTLY :D Well worth the £10 (About $16 INCLUDING the 20% sales tax we have to pay over here!) I paid for it :) It wouldn't surprise me if you can get one for much cheaper in the US (Where Im guessing you live ;)).

I could have sworn I had installed the null cpu power management kext but I'm not 100% sure of that. Is selecting it via multibeast an ok solution? Or do I need to do more?

Also, how is your audio (Is it an ALC chip for example)? I don't give a monkeys about the fingerprint reader (which i barely use) or the webcam (as, lets face it, I've still got windows and I only use i for skype) :) Also have you got the mic working at all?

Ok I deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and rebuilt my cache and I can still reboot fine with iBoot legacy but I couldn't get chimera to boot even with arch=i386 and maxmem=4096 :(

Am I missing something (ie being daft)?

Ok I've followed your steps in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=19339

so now I have it booting with out iBoot Legacy, finally! :D

I have a bunch of issues though. Audio is breaking up like hell still. I have also lost all my useful synaptics touch pad bonuses(such as scrolling). Selecting trackpad under system preferences says that I don't have one (or a mouse for that matter) but I can still use my trackpad.

It also feels a bit laggier (trackpad control that is) than it did under iBoot-Legacy.

Portal ran nicely though! :)

Is there any way to get this working under kernel 10.7.3 for proper sandy bridge recognising joy?

Sweet found another post by ya explaining how to get audio up and running and now that appears to be nearly perfect. I am hearing a minor oddity on the audio that sounds like a post filtering issue (The audio quality appears to be much lower than even a 160Kbps MP3 ought to be!) which may, simply, be the audio stream I'm listening too ...

Only problems remaining are no multi touch or recognised touchpad and microphone ...

Mic support was never an issue for me so I don't remember testing it. You can get trackpad and gesture support using the Voodoo PS2 kexts. The 64bit voodoo PS2 kexts are a bit tough to find and require a bit of tweaking to fix a nasty bug so let me know if you want me to upload the ones I'm using.

I've been hunting around but not had much luck yet. If you could get them for me it would be appreciated. Ill keep looking though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back