Graphics
GeForce GT 520 (1024MB)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, I've got Lion running perfectly, and I don't really want to mess with it now it's so; the only nuisance is that when I turn the computer on, I get the bootloader that takes me into Lion after the loading bar completes, the short countdown. If I press a key before that's up, I can choose Windows 7 or Lion, as per setting up a dual-boot.

I want to change it to get rid of the loading bar, or at least make it take longer.

Here's where the problem lies, I appear to have no /Extra folder, nor any com.apple.bootlist, so I don't know where or what to edit. I'm aware you get .bootlist by using Multibeast, but with everything working perfectly, I don't really want to go using it to load my DSDT, so was wondering if there is any other way I can change this start up option/time? Thanks!

JackleCube said:
Chimera v1.9.2 r1394
Did it somehow become invisible? Can you see it if you toggle the "show system files" in the view menu?

What do you mean, show system files? I've got the "ShowAllFiles" application that shows hidden files, do you mean that?

JackleCube said:
What do you mean, show system files? I've got the "ShowAllFiles" application that shows hidden files, do you mean that?

You just want to be able to see all files. Try in the terminal:

cd /
ls -la

Is the Extra folder there?

Nah, it's not there. :(

No other ideas on this one?

in upper right corner of command bar is text box for search engine. click in box and type in org.chameleon.boot.plist and hit enter. It will find the file you need.

Thanks, Bald. Mine is in the developers folder; I'm not sure why, but I'm not going to tamper with it, I made the change I needed and now everything is how I wanted it, thanks once again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back