Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Boot-looping after Mavericks upgrade [FIXED]

Spent the day futzing with the Mavericks upgrade. Ran into some trouble getting the new Unibeast to boot - turns out my graphics card was hanging up the works, and after trying some boot flags, I get the install underway. Everything goes great until the reboot.

Every time it reboots, I get to the white Apple screen for a quick flash, and then POW - reboot.

I tried what I thought was my winning boot flag combo (GraphicsEnabler=Yes PciRoot=1 npci=0x30000 - all of which came from other threads - no idea what they do, really, but they got me there.)

Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks for all you do here.

Calling this FIXED - I got past this part, and am on to new hurdles. Thanks!

Boot-looping - progress of sorts - any help much appreciated!

So I did some more reading and sat with the thing for a while and learned a few things.

First - Since this is an upgrade, I am assuming that once the install was completed that I could let the system boot "naturally," meaning just let the machine do what it used to do and let Chimera (version 1.9.2 by the way) point at the same location which now has had Mavericks installed onto it (Yes?)

When I let this happen, I get a quick flash of the White Apple screen, and then a reset.

So, for kicks, I tried adding just "-v" Which I thought would just be a more verbose version of the same thing but now instead of a virtually-instant reset, I get 10 or 15 screens before the reset. Maybe nothing has changed except for the amount of time it takes to scroll the code.

The boot flags that got me a successful install don't seem to change anything (GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci-0X3000 PciRootUID=1)

Where do I go next?

Thanks so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back