Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The title says it all. This is my second time installing OS X on this machine, after Yosemite. I switched to Windows 10, but I'm moving back to OS X for work. I get to the Clover Boot menu after setting up the BIOS and select to boot from the USB. The loading bar gets halfway across the screen, the computer restarts and launches my Windows Boot. Did I miss something in UEFI?

You're looking good so far if you can get into Clover and boot from the USB.

However, you need to boot in verbose mode in order to see the error that causes the halt.
Most likely, your boot flags aren't enough to boot properly into the installer.

Try booting with (-v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1).
At least in this manner, you can see the errors before your computer restarts.

That's great. Use Multibeast to install Clover on your Mac OS X drive so you don't need to boot from USB every time. Configure your config.plist with Xcode or Clover Configurator. Be sure to include HFSPlus.efi in Drivers64UEFI inside the Clover folder in order to view HFS+ partitions. Be sure to download the latest Nvidia web kit / drivers for El Capitan to support your GTX 970. That should fix your Nvidia graphics issue so you can boot without nv_disable=1.

Should be something like this in your config.plist

Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
        <key>InjectEDID</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

Wrong. GTX 970 doesn't require Graphics injection i.e inject nvidia should be set to false. At Clover boot loader go to Options, Graphics Menu and un-tick inject nvidia. At boot args boot with -v nv_disable=1.

Wrong. GTX 970 doesn't require Graphics injection i.e inject nvidia should be set to false. At Clover boot loader go to Options, Graphics Menu and un-tick inject nvidia. At boot args boot with -v nv_disable=1.
Right, my mistake!

OP, now that you can get into OS X, figure out what isn't working.
Multibeast has some kexts that are commonly used (i.e. Ethernet, Audio, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back