ASUS GeForce GT610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Multibeast Breaks The Install

Hey guys, I installed Yosemite on my OptiPlex 760, all installed fine and dandy until I go ahead and use Multibeast. As soon as I install anything from Multibeast it will not boot unless in safe mode, I've tried changing the drivers etc it installs, I've also tried installing ONLY the boot loader and it just won't boot afterwards, I've had to reinstall so many times because of it.

My Ethernet works without installing the Kext and doesn't once it is installed also so the only way I can boot is without a boot loader installed to the machine but from my Multibeast + uni beast USB. How can I fix this I would just like to get my machine working properly so I can get back to my day to day routine as its consuming so much of my time trying to fix.

Just completed a fresh installation of Yosemite on a Dell Optiplex 760 with E8400 processor, 4GB RAM installed and using a GT520 - a 610 was the refreshed version.

I did not install any audio, but ethernet is working. If you are getting a boot0 error due to using a HDD or SSD with the newer 4k sectors then you will only be able to boot using the USB drive until you have done this last part: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/65706-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Attachments

• Optiplex 760 - Miles.mb
    3.7 KB · Views: 53
Just completed a fresh installation of Yosemite on a Dell Optiplex 760 with E8400 processor, 4GB RAM installed and using a GT520 - a 610 was the refreshed version.

I did not install any audio, but ethernet is working. If you are getting a boot0 error due to using a HDD or SSD with the newer 4k sectors then you will only be able to boot using the USB drive until you have done this last part: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/65706-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Hey Adrian, I'll see if that helps but the drive I have was manufactured in 2010 so not ire if it is a 4k, what settings would you recommend I use in Multibeast from a fresh install?

Sorry just realised you uploaded the file.

i don't think its a boot0:error I'm getting when trying to boot, I get to the apple logo and then it stops booting unless I boot in safe mode, I will try to install Multibeast using easybeast settings with nothing else except the Chimera bootloader and see if it will let me boot. If not I will boot into verbose and post a picture of the part it freezes on.

im not too bothered about sound either as I bought a USB sound card which works a treat

Hey Adrian, I'll see if that helps but the drive I have was manufactured in 2010 so not ire if it is a 4k, what settings would you recommend I use in Multibeast from a fresh install?

See the attachment in my previous post - It will download to your desktop and open with MultiBeast.

i don't think its a boot0:error I'm getting when trying to boot, I get to the apple logo and then it stops booting unless I boot in safe mode, I will try to install Multibeast using easybeast settings with nothing else except the Chimera bootloader and see if it will let me boot. If not I will boot into verbose and post a picture of the part it freezes on.

im not too bothered about sound either as I bought a USB sound card which works a treat

Boot using -x and then run the MultiBeast options that I supplied. Then reboot.

See the attachment in my previous post - It will download to your desktop and open with MultiBeast.

Boot using -x and then run the MultiBeast options that I supplied. Then reboot.

Ah yes I just realised you linked it, I'll reboot now into safe mode and download the newer Multibeast again and then try that. if it does' t work I'll try the boot0 error fix and see if anything helps.

Ah yes I just realised you linked it, I'll reboot now into safe mode and download the newer Multibeast again and then try that. if it does' t work I'll try the boot0 error fix and see if anything helps.

If you are progressing past a black screen with the boot0 error as shown in the guide then you do not need to apply the Boot0 fix.

If you are progressing past a black screen with the boot0 error as shown in the guide then you do not need to apply the Boot0 fix.
Ah ok I'll see what happens now I've used Multibeast, if it still isn't working I'll boot Verbose and post an image of the log.

Great, some progress has been made, I tried booting without the USB, it didn't work so I shut down the system to try again and it did, just going to reboot a couple of times now and make sure it is still working.

Also, by any chance does sleep mode work with this configuration? Myself and my fiancé like to fall asleep watching something as we have a sleeping problem and I'd like the system to sleep and be able to turn back on where it was left.

EDIT: Ok after this I tried booting a few more times with no luck but then I restarted once again and somehow managed to boot, I have no idea what's going on with this temperamental booting.

ok so it's not booting again, I just got lucky the previous time, I managed to get it into verbose and this is where it stopped:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back