1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

HW:
ASROCK z77 pro4-m moded bios by samisnake
Intel i5 3450
Geforce 550ti

I had a working build until I recently downloaded mulitbeast 5.1.3 and decided to update FAKESMC and FAKESMC plugins. I was trying to update HWMonitor.

After reboot, it got stuck at apple screen and spinning wheel.

I have attached my -v boot error screen.

I have tried:
-v -f npci=0x3000
or
-v -f npci=0x2000

Didn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 1,905
Do you still have your Unibeast drive? Try booting with that.

No I don't I will have to recreate it.

After I recreate it and boot into it what should I do?

A lot of people are starting to have the "Can't find SMC" error and I'm starting to suspect it has something to do with the FakeSMC.kext in the most recent Multibeast. IF you get booted with Unibeast, then that implies that I might be right. So for now, I would suggest downloading the Multibeast for Lion and installing FakeSMC from it.

I had FakeSMC and HWMonitor running from multibeast ML 5.1.2. Is there any way I can get a copy of that one to try? I will let everyone know if that works. I will also download LION multibeast as well and try that if 5.1.2 doesn't work.

Thanks.

Only Multibeast 5.0.2. Go to the Tonymac Downloads page. On the bottom is a link to the Multibeast archive.

Great! Thanks. I'll give that a try and report back.

Here is the FakeSMC.kext from Multibeast 5.1.2. Try installing it using Kextbeast.

Attachments

• FakeSMC.kext-512.zip
    24 KB · Views: 87
OK i'll give that a try first. Then MB 5.0.2 if it doesnt work.

OK I used kextbeast and installed the FakeSMC.kext you uploaded. My machine is working now. Unfortunately HWmonitor does not work only showing the Harddisk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back