Contribute
Register

Boot issues after what I thought was a successful installation (Z77-DS3H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Toshiba
CPU
DK
Graphics
DK
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I installed Mountain lion successfully, or so I thought, I was messing around with some stuff, until I noticed that sound wasn't working. I decided to start seeing what I could do with the Multi-Beast settings. Multi-Beast got to the part where it said registering files or something to that effect, then it said unable to install, please contact software creators. I tried it many times, this was after a successful install of Multibeast "user DSDT or DSDT free" instead of contacting the software manufacturer I thought it would be smart to try a system reboot. after rebooting, my computer seems to open multibeast, I get the blue bar that gets all the way blue, then the grey apple screen, with the spinning wheel beneath, after about 5 seconds of the wheel spinning, the wheel stops. I have left it there for about an hour once, no movement.
other times when I try to boot, it instead of showing the spinning wheel, goes straight from the grey apple screen, to a screen that looks like it's showing a bunch of DOS script like MAC OS version and there is a dark grey square in the middle of the screen with a white power symbol and it says you need to restart your computer, in a couple different languages. Not sure really how I should proceed at this point.
Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: when I try and boot verbose, I get to the text that says 1.952091 : start[1012] sc->sc_inuse_cnt is at offset : 203c, sizeof(_sc->sc_ic) is 25f0
then I get Still wating for root device for every minute or so after that. and that's when I try and boot verbose off the USB,
when I try and boot verbose off the mountain Lion partition, it says Mac OS version : Not yet set

UPDATE: when I try and boot in safe mode, typing -x into boot options, the bar comes up, gets about between 1/4 and 1/3 of the way through the boot, then the spinning wheel stops, and the bar goes away.

UPDATE: when I try and boot verbose, I get to the text that says 1.952091 : start[1012] sc->sc_inuse_cnt is at offset : 203c, sizeof(_sc->sc_ic) is 25f0
then I get Still wating for root device for every minute or so after that. and that's when I try and boot verbose off the USB,
when I try and boot verbose off the mountain Lion partition, it says Mac OS version : Not yet set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back