Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have installed the 10.7 update from the mac store. I then created the partition and installed xmove successfully. But then when I boot from the installer partition the apple logo appears then the screen goes grey and stays there. On this grey screen i do have a mouse cursor...

What is the problem...

Thanks.

Is your mouse cursor the spinning wheel? I am having the same problem... Looks like we have very similar specs... only difference is I have a Sabertooth x58

No, there is a proper cursor, the black one you get. I have a grey screen, not pure grey, it has a texture. It just hangs there.

I have:

Motherboard: P6X58D-E
CPU: Core i7 930
GPU: Asus 5870
RAM: 6GB Corsair Dominator

EDIT

I have just seen my OS boots as 32bit, maybe yours does to. I have changed it to 64bit but I am re downloading Lion because I though I may have had a corrupt download. When downloaded I will see if it works because it is in 64bit mode.

Ah Im getting stuck at a different screen then you are... I was in 64-bit mode when I downloaded it. I guess Ill just try following the guide one more time.

Hi try this

On your SL system locate your “FakeSMC.kext” (typically in Extra > Extensions) and copy it to Installers “System > Library > Extensions”.
 In Terminal navigate to “Extensions” (you can do this quickly by typing “cd ” and then dragging & dropping “Extensions” to Terminal) and fix permissions using:
sudo su
[your password here]
chown -R 0:0 FaksSMC.kext
chmod -R 755 FakeSMC.kext

After that i reboot and start from installer  and it works. No beach ballingu

Cheers

Christian Kwoll

Try this it worked for me.
If you are experiencing a hang on the install when booted or a kp then you have to
1.boot to original sl drive
2. delete any custom sleep kext you may have
3 got to your install drive and remove acpi_smc_platform plugin found in system/library/extensions/ioplatformpluginfamily.kext/show package contents/contents/plugins
4. run multibeast on the sl drive and check easy beast and system utilities
5. reboot to install it should work now.

I had the same problem. I have a Asus 5850.
Disconnected my monitor cable and put it in again while I had the texture on my monitor. Voila...

The problem is: Lion suddenly believes i have 2 monitors online now. One large and one small. You can notice it by moving the mouse cursor around. Suddenly it goes of the edge of your screen. (too my missing screen) I luckily had Screen sharing enabled in 10.6.8. After installation i rebooted and used my MBP to connect and move main top menu over to my large monitor.

Now I am looking for a way to put my second monitor offline. About this Mac says i have 2 monitors...

safinn said:
No, there is a proper cursor, the black one you get. I have a grey screen, not pure grey, it has a texture. It just hangs there.

I have:

Motherboard: P6X58D-E
CPU: Core i7 930
GPU: Asus 5870
RAM: 6GB Corsair Dominator

EDIT

I have just seen my OS boots as 32bit, maybe yours does to. I have changed it to 64bit but I am re downloading Lion because I though I may have had a corrupt download. When downloaded I will see if it works because it is in 64bit mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back