Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Omen Laptop
CPU
i7 6700hq
Graphics
GTX1060 no optimus
Is this still possible ?
Somehow it seems Chimera only works when kexts are put in s/l/e.
I`d like to keep most kexts within e/e on the USB Stick.(It works with Chameleon this way)

Thx for a short explanation.
N One

The use of /Extra/Extensions is no longer recommended as you can't use kernel cache and /Extra/Extensions.mkext. If you use /Extra/Extensions you have to disable UserKernelcache=Yes and you will always boot as if you booted in safe mode.

Thanks Macman,

I boot using Chameleon on USB Stick and e/e, and I have set UserKernelcache=No (which takes a bit longer to boot; to build the mkext I guess) but overall it works very well.
As I have another machine so I can easily change the USB Bootstick to edit plists, bootfile etc... which is more convenient to me than using single user mode.

So that means Chimera will ignore e/e on USB, is that correct ?

Thx

Does not boot to safe mode btw.

hi,

if we install kexts to /S/L/E/ and use kernel cache,

can we still install chimera to a USB stick and put the DSDT and plist files in /Extras/ on the USB?

jimdrake said:
hi,

if we install kexts to /S/L/E/ and use kernel cache,

can we still install chimera to a USB stick and put the DSDT and plist files in /Extras/ on the USB?

i would like to do this but on boot get "can't find mac_kernel"

:(

I think this method does not work with chimera anymore, as it does not search the USB Stick for e/e. (I believe it did in earlier versions though). :(

I use chameleon again, Fake smc in e/e, use kernelcache=no.
Takes longer to boot but is easier to maintain and works well.

You can to try put all kexts in s/l/e and set kernelcache=yes on the usb stick.
(But it wont work with chimera)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back