Radeon HD 5870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have created a Sierra USB Boot Stick with Unibeast. I can boot and install Sierra on an empty SSD drive.

After the end of the installation the system reboots and starts again from the USB Stick. But then I cant see the installation in the boot menu. I can only choose the Sierra installation again.

My mainboard is an older Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. I tried all SATA ports on the board, switched off the USB3 and VT, but nothing helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Bernd.

Sierra Installation on a Partitioned and formatted Hard disk is a Two-step process.
Once the installation starts the screen may indicate "this will take a few minutes or 10 minutes "or something like that but can take longer than the timeline indicated.

After that the system will boot AUTOMATICALLY; NO MANUAL INTERVENTION like pressing the hotkey and selecting the Installer USB drive IS REQUIRED to interrupt this automatic reboot.

The first reboot will take us back to the screen where we choose our geographic region, setting up of Apple account etc. etc. with our keyboard inputs and ending up on the desktop and choice of the type of keyboard we have on this system. This time we also get a chance to set up our "Security & Privacy" options through "System Preferences" to "Allow Apps downloaded" from: "Anywhere" using a command.

This will help us to Download and Install Multibeast 9.01 to the Sierra HDD in UEFI or Legacy Mode , choice of required kexts , selection of Clover Boot Loader, and the choice of System Definition (Mac Model like iMac 14.2)and build.

Once that is done we can reboot and use the Hotkey to select the USB installer to enter Clover Boot Manager Window and make sure we have the required Boot Flags under Options to boot the Sierra HDD to login screen.

Once that is successfully done we can "Eject" and "Safely remove" the "Sierra USB Installer" from the USB port.

After this , if you reboot you should be able to see and select the Sierra HDD with a functioning Clover Boot -loader on Clover Boot Manager.

If that is not happening, please upload an image of your screen(s) and share with the readers for help.

Last edited:
I am having a Similar Issue, Just in reverse:
I can boot the USB Stick and through a bit of fiddling (Press the Exit Clover Button, Drops me to some strange EFI Menu on both my Desktop and Laptop (Which boots the USB Stick into this Menu), Select Boot Manager or Something like that, EFI USB (0)) boot my HDD. but i can't get my installed Bootloader to work.

And b.driesen,if you have any other HDD's pluged into you mobo , disconnect them. There is no real reason to this, but it is a quite good trouble shooting step with any Hackintosh if it doesn't boot, even with the USB Stick.

Is that motherboard UEFI? I looked at the specs and saw no mention of it. Only something called Dual BIOS.

Hi,

I have created a Sierra USB Boot Stick with Unibeast. I can boot and install Sierra on an empty SSD drive.

After the end of the installation the system reboots and starts again from the USB Stick. But then I cant see the installation in the boot menu. I can only choose the Sierra installation again.

My mainboard is an older Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. I tried all SATA ports on the board, switched off the USB3 and VT, but nothing helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Bernd.

Hi Bernd,

Is it solved? I am in the same situation. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Hi Bernd,

Is it solved? I am in the same situation. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Hi manas_it,

sorry, but I gave up. In the meantime I have another board, which is running fine.

Regards,
Bernd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back