GV-N970WF3OC-4GD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

My Hackintosh works perfect from now (excepted a performance drop of about 15% with the 970 GTX comparing to Windows, but this is another story) but still booting from the stick.

For this first installation, I foliowed a video and the main steps are :
- preparing an USB stick
- make an extended partition and then install on it
- clone the installation to another partition made in master boot record this time.

I can't boot directly from the SSD but only via the stick.

To be complete, Windows is also installed on the machine and I prefer to let them the default boot system.

So, my question is quite simple, how can I, without changing anything on my other disks, make the SSD partition bootable ?

Thanks in advance,

Sethy

Last edited:
Hi,

My Hackintosh works perfect from now (excepted a performance drop of about 15% with the 970 GTX comparing to Windows, but this is another story) but still booting from the stick.

For this first installation, I foliowed a video and the main steps are :
- preparing an USB stick
- make an extended partition and then install on it
- clone the installation to another partition made in master boot record this time.

I can't boot directly from the SSD but only via the stick.

To be complete, Windows is also installed on the machine and I prefer to let them the default boot system.

So, my question is quite simple, how can I, without changing anything on my other disks, make the SSD partition bootable ?

Thanks in advance,

Sethy

Do you want to boot from Windows or OS X?

If you're using UEFI you can do this:

Boot into BIOS:
-Add a new boot entry (manual) and type the following boot directory:
-For windows, type:
--\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi
-For OSX (if you have Clover), type:
--\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi
-If you have another .efi file you want to boot to (e.g. copying files over to EFI partition)
--\EFI\x\x\x, where x is directory of .efi file

Cheers!

First of all, thank your for your answer.

What I want, is quite simple :
- let the default boot to Windows
- but, when I choose the boot options (F12 on the Gigabyte BIOS), I juste want to select the SSD instead of the USB stick.

At the moment, I have no idea about the boatloader / boot manager than I must choice.

Can I juste choose the Clover and install it ? Or if I do that, the Windows installation is also impacted ?

Thx !

Sethy

First of all, thank your for your answer.

What I want, is quite simple :
- let the default boot to Windows
- but, when I choose the boot options (F12 on the Gigabyte BIOS), I juste want to select the SSD instead of the USB stick.

At the moment, I have no idea about the boatloader / boot manager than I must choice.

Can I juste choose the Clover and install it ? Or if I do that, the Windows installation is also impacted ?

Thx !

Sethy

This is easy:

To default boot to windows, boot into your BIOS and select the following for the first boot option: "Windows Boot Manager" (you should have it if you have windows installed on your HDD). Now you will have to add in the boot option for Clover (if it's not there, if it is then that's great) if you want to change to the SSD (I presume OS X is on the SSD). You can use my last post to help you, or if it's too complicating, there are other guides out there on TonyMacx86...

Cheers!

OK, after reading, it seems that my installation was not made with Clover. I use unibeast/multibeast to install the Hackintosh.

I hope it was easy to make the OSX SSD bootable as the stick, but I have to read a lot of to implement Clover.

Thx in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back