Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, So I have installed OS X Mavericks on an external hard drive, which I want to use to boot this laptop. It is not mine, so I want to test everything before it's working so that I can do it for the owner. However, I get an EBIOS read error 0x01 when I plug in the external drive. Does anyone know how to fix this so I can boot from my external? Thank you.

Hi, So I have installed OS X Mavericks on an external hard drive, which I want to use to boot this laptop. It is not mine, so I want to test everything before it's working so that I can do it for the owner. However, I get an EBIOS read error 0x01 when I plug in the external drive. Does anyone know how to fix this so I can boot from my external? Thank you.

Try a different USB port. Otherwise, replace the internal drive with this one.

Try a different USB port. Otherwise, replace the internal drive with this one.

I can only try on Monday, but will do as you have said. Do you mean just unplug the internal HDD, or put the USB hard drive in? Because it is a WD My Passport, so I am not willing to modify it in any way to get into the SATA connections.

I can only try on Monday, but will do as you have said. Do you mean just unplug the internal HDD, or put the USB hard drive in? Because it is a WD My Passport, so I am not willing to modify it in any way to get into the SATA connections.

I mean remove the drive from the enclosure and use it as primary SATA. Or use a different 2.5" HDD you might have.

I mean remove the drive from the enclosure and use it as primary SATA. Or use a different 2.5" HDD you might have.

Definitely not willing to remove the drive enclosure, so I guess I will have to find a spare 2.5" drive lying around. Will I get EBIOS errors with anything else plugged in? For example, if I have a USB flash drive plugged in before boot, will it make the computer throw an EBIOS error? Or, if I have VGA or HDMI connected?

Definitely not willing to remove the drive enclosure, so I guess I will have to find a spare 2.5" drive lying around. Will I get EBIOS errors with anything else plugged in? For example, if I have a USB flash drive plugged in before boot, will it make the computer throw an EBIOS error? Or, if I have VGA or HDMI connected?

The EBIOS errors are caused by certain USB devices, mostly card readers... They are annoying but usually don't cause any real problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back