Contribute
Register

Boot from clover fails 3-4 times before successful system boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
This behaviour is typical of what happens when you have multiple memory fix drivers.

You have AptioMemoryFix.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi which both do the same job and are mutually exclusive.
Choose one or the other but not both.

Remove AptioInputFix.efi.
No luck, sadly.

I don't completely understand what everything in the config file does (some I do), but should I maybe start with a clean config and try to slowly add in some of my settings until it "breaks"? Trying to figure out the best way to troubleshoot.

your clover version is too old for Monterey

also missing ACPI/Patched folder with relevant/needed files

I've tried a fresh clover install onto a USB using version 5145. Still no luck when I try to boot from it, both with a vanilla config file and my "working" file.

As for the ACPI folder, I'm not sure if it was mistakenly deleted during troubleshooting. I have used clover cloner between my EFI and a USB to try and troubleshoot, so it is possible. At what point of the process are ACPI files created? I made a Monterey boot USB using the suggested method, since there is no unibeast. I see the ACPI folder, but all the subfolders are empty.

Are these patched files something I can create or download after the fact?

Thanks.

I've tried a fresh clover install onto a USB using version 5145. Still no luck when I try to boot from it, both with a vanilla config file and my "working" file.

As for the ACPI folder, I'm not sure if it was mistakenly deleted during troubleshooting. I have used clover cloner between my EFI and a USB to try and troubleshoot, so it is possible. At what point of the process are ACPI files created? I made a Monterey boot USB using the suggested method, since there is no unibeast. I see the ACPI folder, but all the subfolders are empty.

Are these patched files something I can create or download after the fact?

Thanks.
latest versions of clover has opencore elements mashed into it, meaning new properties are required in your config.plist to make it work

you are probably better off migrating over to opencore instead

latest versions of clover has opencore elements mashed into it, meaning new properties are required in your config.plist to make it work

you are probably better off migrating over to opencore instead

Success!

I had a second look based on your advice about the clover version and missing ACPI files. I made a bootable USB with the newest Clover boot loader (5145) for testing. I used a "SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml" file I found on github that was made for Monterey and patched for Haswell or newer systems. I then moved all of my original kext files into the new EFI and it seems to boot without issue.

I did have a problem with only my DVI-connected monitor being recognized once at the MacOS login screen. Switching from iMac17,1 to Macmini7,1 seems to have solved the problem. iMac17,1 seems to be the recommended SMBIOS... any issues with Macmini7,1? I have no issues yet.

I'll try a few more boot ups before I transfer this EFI to my main system drive. I'm hoping "clover cloner" in Clover Configurator will do the trick.

Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back