Graphics
GeForcenGTS 450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
i need help to get rid of the -x flag at the boot prompt. i always have to go the chimera prompt to erase the "-x" flag otherwise it will boot in safe mode. thanks!

2013-11-03 09.49.12.jpg

i need help to get rid of the -x flag at the boot prompt. i always have to go the chimera prompt to erase the "-x" flag otherwise it will boot in safe mode. thanks!

View attachment 72520
Boot into OS X and check the org.chameleon.boot.plist and look to see if there is -x as on option on the Kernal Flags.

This was a known issue in a previous version of Chimera that came from the Chameleon trunk that I removed in later versions of Chimera. It would write the boot flags to nvram.

To fix you need to run the following commands in Terminal:

nvram -p (in the output look for a variable I think called boot-args or something similar. it will have -x as a parameter)

nvram -d boot-ags (or whatever the name was from the previous command)

Then make sure you update to the latest Chimera so this doesn't happen again.

Thank you so much! It worked and updated to latest Chimera version.

This was a known issue in a previous version of Chimera that came from the Chameleon trunk that I removed in later versions of Chimera. It would write the boot flags to nvram.

To fix you need to run the following commands in Terminal:

nvram -p (in the output look for a variable I think called boot-args or something similar. it will have -x as a parameter)

nvram -d boot-ags (or whatever the name was from the previous command)

Then make sure you update to the latest Chimera so this doesn't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back