Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a MacBook Pro 2006 model. I think the boot file is corupt and I have tried the recovery but stops and say boot file corupt reinstall. I have Lion on it and when I go into the recovery screen it says the disc is locked. My problem is my DVDrom is dying and will not take disc. How can I boot and reinstall Lion from an external USB CD/DVD rom? Also how do external DVD create a Lion recovery drive or USB recovery LION drive. Or please send any other advice, I don't want to do a full install and lose my data.
I have try to reinstall from a USB but it says the USB is locked. I have 10.7 on the Mac and I am trying to install 10.7.4. Is this the problem, should I start with 10.7 then move up to 10.7.4 after Mac is working. Please feel free to dumb it down for me. :banghead:
Thanks
Toney

First of all, this is a hackintosh forum... For people running osx on pc hardware.

But, to anser your question:

Your 2006 MacBookPro wasn't supplied with Lion, and Lion can only be installed after SnowLeopard 10.6.8 via AppStore OR if you buy a Lion on usb.
I'm sure if you pass by an apple store, they will sell you one of those.
Don't use the UniBeast method on a real mac.
Best is (when you have another mac in the house) to connect the MBP in target disk mode, and backup all your data/clone the disk.
After that do a clean Lion install on the MBP (I suppose via 10.6.8), and use Migration Assistant to import everything you need from the clone disk.
To boot from an external dvd-drive or stick, hold the option key when turning on the mbp, then you can select other boot devices...

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back