Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170-A ATX DDR4
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB
Can I edit something in the Clover startup screen or BIOS to allow the boot-up to complete?

I've added verbose mode screen photos at the link below. I am about to give up on MacOS for this machine. Windows 10 is running fine on a separate startup drive.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bootup-fails.210616/

Motherboard: Asus Z170-A DDR4, RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB, CPU: Core i7-6700K, no graphics card yet.
MacOS 10.11.5.

Last edited:
Can I edit something in the Clover startup screen or BIOS to allow the boot-up to complete?

I've added verbose mode screen photos at the link below. I am about to give up on MacOS for this machine. Windows 10 is running fine on a separate startup drive.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bootup-fails.210616/

Motherboard: Asus Z170-A DDR4, RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB, CPU: Core i7-6700K, no graphics card yet.
MacOS 10.11.5.
Have you tried installing with all other hard drives disconnected? I see some nfts warnings in one of your screen grabs. Try plugging out any drives or devices that may cause problems during install and then plug them in later once you have ElCap installed.

There are two drives. An SSD 500GB and a HHD 1TB. I partitioned the SSD with half HFS+ and 1/2 NTFS. The 1TB drive has the Windows 10 on it. Windows 10 install insisted that it be reformatted entirely NTFS. Clover opens and shows all of the drives.

I will first try to reformat the 2nd half of the SSD to HFS+. Then I will Reformat the entire SSD and start over. Which is a bummer as I had some stuff set up and running on there.

My intent was to dual boot from the SSD, but it didn't work out. :)

I started over and reformatted the SSD MacOS starup with the same USB UniBeast/Multibeast stick. I disconnected the NTFS Windows 10 drive physically (first). I reset the BIOS and put the recommended settings back. All the same symptoms appear. I am stuck. No progress. I am able to occasionally get the MacOS 10.11.5 startup running. The audio still doesn't work and the picture breaks up. I have not installed a graphics card yet. The GTX 960 card is not sold anymore and that's what you are recommending. If I don't get this running I will just have to run Windows 10 which runs just fine.

What graphics setting in Multibeast should be set if there is no graphics card? I checked the middle one for 100 series boards. Any help is appreciated. My user icon with the progress bar is the last thing I see before the screen crashes black.

I added the EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+ graphics card and everything started working better. I got audio out. The monitor doesn't flicker. But, startup is still hit or miss. If I turn off caches & kexts it usually works on the second try. Startup is more reliable when I have the Windows 10 drive disconnected. After a few boots into Windows the Clover disk chooser Opening doesn't even come up. It just goes to Windows directly. Does this have to do with the 'fast boot' setting in the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back