Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a DELL Studio 1558 Laptop. My Snow Leopard DVD 10.6.3 just arrived today. I started installing the Mac. Excited to run Mac on my Laptop 1st time.

I am following the instructions as mentioned in this link:
http://lifehacker.com/5672051/how-to-build-a-hackintosh-mac-and-install-os-x-in-eight-easy-steps

Booted the Installed through iBoot. Everything went well. Installed the Mac OSX Snow Leopard. Then I installed the 10.6.4 combo update package, towards the end of installation a message came up: "Press the power button to turn off your PC. Then press the Power button back to turn on". So it did not allow me to install the MultiBeast package. When my PC rebooted, I tried booting through iBoot and selected my Mac, but it just hanged on the Apple screen. Nothing happens.

Then I reinstalled Mac Snow Leopard again. This time 1st I thought I will install MultiBeast. So I did. I installed the "EasyBSD" and "SystemUtilities". Then I ejected the iBoot disk and restarted my PC.

Now I see my installed volume name on the screen once its starts up, when I hit enter, it just keep restarting. Actually it's not booting from the Hard Drive. But when I try to boot using the iBoot disk, select my installed drive, it's booting.

I'm kinda stuck now. Not sure what to do? Wud appreciate if someone could help me.

For starters, I'd install the 10.6.8 combo update, not the 10.6.4.

Thanks!!
I reinstalled Snow Leopard once again and then I updated the combo 10.6.8, then I installed MultiBeast (EasyBeast and System Utilities). Everything went all. Installation was successful. I ejected the iBoot disk.

But it's not booting from Hard drive. My volume name appears on screen. When I hit enter, it goes to the Apple screen and process icon is just keep rotating..

Any help would be appreciated.

pmanasranjan said:
Thanks!!
I reinstalled Snow Leopard once again and then I updated the combo 10.6.8, then I installed MultiBeast (EasyBeast and System Utilities). Everything went all. Installation was successful. I ejected the iBoot disk.

But it's not booting from Hard drive. My volume name appears on screen. When I hit enter, it goes to the Apple screen and process icon is just keep rotating..

So what's happening is: if I just run the MultiBeast and don't update the 10.6.8 combo, I am able to boot using my iBoot disk. The moment I update to 10.6.8 combo and then install MultiBeast, it's neither booting from my hard drive nor booting from my iBoot disk. Just hanging on the Apple screen.

I guess there is some kext file which boots from hard drive is overwritten. I am not sure. Is there any way to modify that file and update it before I restart.

Exactly same issue here with my Dell Studio 1558, after using Multibeast it hangs at apple logo at startup.

Anyways, did you managed to make wifi and graphic card work?

Here are few screen shots which I was able to take in Verbose mode. I updated to 10.6.8 and installed EasyBeast, Chimera boot loader and rebooted.

After this it's just hangs..

Here is what I see:
* Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6.5: a loaded copy wih a different executable UUID is already present.

* Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v4.2.4: already have loaded v9.9.9

* NVClockX: [Warning] no nvidia graphics adapters found

*hfs: early journal init: volume on disk0s3 is read only and journal is dirty. can not mount volume.

Attachments

• IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 220
pmanasranjan said:
Here are few screen shots which I was able to take in Verbose mode. I updated to 10.6.8 and installed EasyBeast, Chimera boot loader and rebooted.

After this it's just hangs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back