GTX 780 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Hi,

I have been trying to freshly reinstall my CustoMac (which was running Sierra fine until recently) by following the High Sierra installation guide on this website. Everything went smooth out of the box, the only exception for me was that i had to remove the nv_disable=1 flag from the boot args. I completed the installation without issues, and ran Mutibeast. Where i injected the AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.2 and IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0. drivers and "Increase Max Port Limit 200 series. (these are the options i previously had to install for Sierra).

The only problem is, when i boot from my SSD i immediately get stuck in the black screen showing the white Apple logo. But when i boot from USB and then choose to boot from my SSD / High Sierra.. all works fine. I turned on the verbose mode boot flag and some issue what seems to be related to SSDT/DSDT is visible. I have been researching the internet all week, but can't figure out what i am doing wrong here. Can anybody please please help me, i'm struggling for almost 2 weeks now to get my system back online :( I did a complete reinstall for over 6 times to make sure i didnt missed any installation steps.. but i keep ending up in the same situation.

IMG_20171128_1147597.jpg

Thank you very much.
Best,

Bastiaan

Last edited:
Hi,

This morning i wanted to reinstall to my CustoMac using the High Sierra installation guide. Everything went smooth out of the box, the only exception for me was that i had to remove the nv_disable=1 flag from the boot args. I completed the installation without issues, and ran Mutibeast. Where i injected the AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.2 and IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0. drivers and "Increase Max Port Limit 200 series. (these are the options i previously had to install for Sierra).

The only problem is, when i boot from my SSD i immediately get stuck in the black screen showing the white Apple logo. But when i boot from USB and then choose to boot from my SSD / High Sierra.. all works fine. I turned on the verbose mode boot flag and some issue what seems to be related to SSDT/DSDT is visible. I have been researching the internet all day, but can't figure out what i am doing wrong here. Can anybody please please help me, i'm struggling for almost 2 weeks now to get my system back online :( I did a complete reinstall for over 6 times to make sure i didnt missed any installation steps.. but i keep ending up in the same situation.

View attachment 295615

Thank you very much.
Best,

Bastiaan

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sorry RehabMan, my fault.. here they are:

Attachments

• ProblemReportingFIles.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 89
Sorry RehabMan, my fault.. here they are:

Way too many "Fixes" in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.
Eliminate all of them except those that are needed.

You are my hero RehabMan. I should build a statue for you, you made my day. I disabled all the fixes and it now boots from SSD! :)

How exactly should one find out which DSDT fixes are needed? I mean.. i disabled them all.. and everything looks fine.. should i start using my system and find out by try and die method. Or is there another way to find out which one(s) are needed?

Thanks!!

Bastiaan

You are my hero RehabMan. I should build a statue for you, you made my day. I disabled all the fixes and it now boots from SSD! :)

How exactly should one find out which DSDT fixes are needed? I mean.. i disabled them all.. and everything looks fine.. should i start using my system and find out by try and die method. Or is there another way to find out which one(s) are needed?

Thanks!!

Bastiaan

To contemplate a "fix", first you need a "problem". After the problem is identified, you research the best fix, then apply that fix and test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back