GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Hey so I recently made the switch from chameleon to clover because I found a tutorial that has patches for my pc model type and everything works when I use clover so I'm going to stick with it. The only pain is that when I want to boot into it I have to hit f9 on my keyboard to get to the boot selection menu and then click Boot EFI File option and select the efi file.
I used the steps in this tutorial to set up the clover on EFI: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

I was wondering how I could accomplish this without hitting f9 overtime, I tried to install clover to my ssd but when I select my Yosemite partition it stays blank and doesn't show anything, even if I select boot in verbose it doesn't show a single line it stays blank. It also goes straight to windows it doesn't show the clover menu first.

Edit: Also on a side note when I'm booting into Yosemite when the loading bar reaches about half way before the boot screen flashes my cd drive automatically pops out, any ideas?

Hey so I recently made the switch from chameleon to clover because I found a tutorial that has patches for my pc model type and everything works when I use clover so I'm going to stick with it. The only pain is that when I want to boot into it I have to hit f9 on my keyboard to get to the boot selection menu and then click Boot EFI File option and select the efi file.
I used the steps in this tutorial to set up the clover on EFI: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

I was wondering how I could accomplish this without hitting f9 overtime, I tried to install clover to my ssd but when I select my Yosemite partition it stays blank and doesn't show anything, even if I select boot in verbose it doesn't show a single line it stays blank. It also goes straight to windows it doesn't show the clover menu first.

Edit: Also on a side note when I'm booting into Yosemite when the loading bar reaches about half way before the boot screen flashes my cd drive automatically pops out, any ideas?

What happens if you allow your computer to boot normally (without F9 at BIOS POST)?

Make sure you install the correct config.plist. And make sure you enable UEFI in BIOS (and select UEFI first). If you have Windows installed UEFI, you may need to rename /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

What happens if you allow your computer to boot normally (without F9 at BIOS POST)?

Make sure you install the correct config.plist. And make sure you enable UEFI in BIOS (and select UEFI first). If you have Windows installed UEFI, you may need to rename /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

doh! That was it I have 3 drives so I put the files in the wrong efi partition. I got it working now I just had to enable UEFI and disable Legacy. How can I stop my cd drive from ejecting on boot though, it's quite annoying.

Also I can't boot into windows now, I looked in the EFI folder and there was no Microsoft folder?

doh! That was it I have 3 drives so I put the files in the wrong efi partition. I got it working now I just had to enable UEFI and disable Legacy. How can I stop my cd drive from ejecting on boot though, it's quite annoying.

I don't have any CD drives on my laptops, so can't help you there.

I've heard that is a problem with certain types of CD/DVD drives...

Also I can't boot into windows now, I looked in the EFI folder and there was no Microsoft folder?

You must have deleted it, or never installed Windows in UEFI mode.

You can use BCDBOOT.EXE to re-create it.

I don't have any CD drives on my laptops, so can't help you there.

I've heard that is a problem with certain types of CD/DVD drives...

You must have deleted it, or never installed Windows in UEFI mode.

You can use BCDBOOT.EXE to re-create it.

Yea I forgot I probably had legacy turned on when I installed windows. If I remove the HDD with the boot loader on it, it boots into windows right away but when I plug it in and try to boot into windows it doesn't work ?

Yea I forgot I probably had legacy turned on when I installed windows. If I remove the HDD with the boot loader on it, it boots into windows right away but when I plug it in and try to boot into windows it doesn't work ?

No idea without more information about how you installed Windows.

I removed all my drives except the windows one, had legacy turned on, booted from usb and installed it on my windows hdd for this sake let's call it drive 1, then once everything was installed, I inserted my mSata ssd into my laptop which is drive 0 and has yosemite but not the boot loader. Then I inserted drive 2 my 1 tb hdd which has a partition for windows files (Not the user folder, just downloads and extra things to save ssd space), It also has the clover boot loader on it so without that hdd plugged in it won't boot to clover.

I removed all my drives except the windows one, had legacy turned on, booted from usb and installed it on my windows hdd for this sake let's call it drive 1, then once everything was installed, I inserted my mSata ssd into my laptop which is drive 0 and has yosemite but not the boot loader. Then I inserted drive 2 my 1 tb hdd which has a partition for windows files (Not the user folder, just downloads and extra things to save ssd space), It also has the clover boot loader on it so without that hdd plugged in it won't boot to clover.

You should install Windows in UEFI mode.

kk If I wanted to install Linux aswell would I install it after windows or before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back