Graphics
Nvidia Quadro K4000 3072 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am getting the above error despite having selected MBR during the partioning process using disk utilities, exactly as laid out in unibeast guide for Mavericks

Does anyone know the fix please. I am so close and yet so far away from getting this thing up and running.

Thanks

See the Guide.

Most of the questions have been answered many times, you will see the answers if you use the Search facility.

Good Luck with your build.

Thanks for the reply, however the guide refers to getting the above error AFTER a successful install.

As the title says I am not getting that far -- I am using Unibeast to try to install mavericks from the USB as the guides instruct. The USB is formatted to MBR - (failing to do this is the usual reason for the above error) I attempt to boot from the USB and it hangs at the Boot:0 Error.

Therefore the guide that you pointed me too is useless.

Using the search facility I have been unable to pin a solved answer down to this error. I will continue to look but would appreciate some more clearer assistance, if thats possible.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, however the guide refers to getting the above error AFTER a successful install.

As the title says I am not getting that far -- I am using Unibeast to try to install mavericks from the USB as the guides instruct. The USB is formatted to MBR - (failing to do this is the usual reason for the above error) I attempt to boot from the USB and it hangs at the Boot:0 Error.

Using the search facility I have been unable to pin a solved answer down to this error. I will continue to look but would appreciate some more clearer assistance, if thats possible.

Thanks.
If your UniBeast USB is throwing a boot0 error, try running the Chimera stand alone installer pointed at the UniBeast USB to install it. If it still results in a boot0 error, try with a different USB drive.

Thanks.

Thanks for the clarification.

Things to check would be :

Disable VT-d in BIOS.

You can get a boot:0 error if you boot with a CD/DVD in your optical drive.

You can get a boot:0 error if you boot with other drives/peripherals connected.

Good Luck

Thanks for the replies. I got Mavericks installed. I had to use another HDD rather than the USB, then it all went fine. Next issue though is that I have lost the ethernet or wireless connection. It was working fine in SL. If I can get the ethernet enabled I will be happy and worry about wireless later.

When do I reinstall my Nvidia card?

Thanks for all the help.
Doug

Thanks for the replies. I got Mavericks installed. I had to use another HDD rather than the USB, then it all went fine. Next issue though is that I have lost the ethernet or wireless connection. It was working fine in SL. If I can get the ethernet enabled I will be happy and worry about wireless later.

When do I reinstall my Nvidia card?

Thanks for all the help.
Doug
For the network, install the correct driver from MultiBeast.
If you are up and running on Mavericks, you can go ahead and install the GPU. Make sure you connect the PCIe power cable from the PSU if the card requires one..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back