Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
OK, I'm a bit stuck and could use some guidance, after combing through the forum and finding nothing that made sense for me to try/follow.

So far, I've managed to create the UniBeast 1.4.0 USB thumb drive and successfully use it to install a licensed copy of Lion OS 10.7.1 on my HP EX495. I then downloaded and installed MultiBeast 4.6.1 (selecting System Utilities only).

But when I tried to boot from the HD directly for the first time, I got a system hang with the following error:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: error

I then followed the instructions for "Solution 1" using UniBeast to try and solve for the issue, using the exact line below:

dd if=/Volumes/lionusb/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk1s2

FYI: The disk designation "disk1s2" is the first partition (100GB) of two on a 1.5TB drive. This partition is labeled "lion server," while the second partition (disk1s3) is labeled "lion data 1."

Also, when I booted from the lionusb thumb drive, I had to cd .. back to the root directory before it would indicate that it copied 2 files.

I then rebooted the server and this time got the following system hang error:

boot0: Done
boot1: error

I continue to be able to use the lionUSB thumbdrive to launch from the "lion server" partition. I'm just not sure where to go from here to be able to launch from the HD with out the above noted error.

Please advise how I can get around this or what I am missing, thank you.

Thanks for the link, but I've already been down that road as I followed "MacMan's Boot0 Error: The Official Guide," which was where I got 'Solution 1' I mentioned in my earlier post. I even tried 'Solution 2' as I have a Thermaltake Blax outboard sata/usb adapter that I was able to use to connect it to my MBP. Either way - I still came to the same error and after perusing all 8 pages of the link you provided, still remain no closer to an answer. I could really use some help in the form of an interactive dialogue.

For the more specific details:, I'm using an HP EX495, which has a 2 core intel E5200. My rig contains four Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5GB drives (ST31500341AS) I have previously been successful getting the process up and running and did detail my process at that time. Unfortunately, the papers have been misplaced and I have to start from scratch again.

When I try to load Multibeast and select EasyBeast, I get a panic crash. Not sure I can use the UserDSDT option as it is none of the motherboards you list. I seem to recall reading on this site somewhere, that not selecting either of those options just means it adds them anyway, so I just selected Systems Utilities and I got a successful install to the HD.

And that brings me back to the boot problem I'm having as noted above, but the error is now on Boot1, no longer on Boot0.

Some of the questions I have:

Do I try to load Chimera or Chameleon and execute this manually?
Do I try iboot or rboot (not clear what the benefits are)?
Do I remove the EFI partition, could that be causing the problem?

So help is still requested.

I have an Asrock H77M-ITX and am having the same issue. Followed MacMan's Solution 1 and my error message change in the same way.

Did you (or anyone else) find a solution?

TIA

I too have a Boot:1 Error. Bump!

Me too, every once in a while, and sometimes I get 0x2, 0x3 and 0x4 KP upon boot.
Anyone out there able to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back