Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm accumulating the parts to build my hackintosh, and wondered if anyone has any suggestions for a book to help a long time PC user learn to use a Mac.

I've liked the "missing manual" series in the past and see they have a "Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Lion Edition" book on Amazon. Any suggestions regards this or any other books?

I realize you really learn by hands-on doing, but need to start somewhere.

Any advice at all for making the jump from PC's to Mac?

gredhead said:
Any advice at all for making the jump from PC's to Mac?

I'd just jump right in an play around with the os. If you try to mess with something that may screw up the os, you are usually prompted for an admin password.

Just set up a working machine with a partition to fall back to in case you really mess things up. Trial and error and google are your friends.

As far as books, I skimned through Mac OS X Lion the missing manual once and it was a pretty good book.

gredhead said:
I'm accumulating the parts to build my hackintosh, and wondered if anyone has any suggestions for a book to help a long time PC user learn to use a Mac.

I've liked the "missing manual" series in the past and see they have a "Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Lion Edition" book on Amazon. Any suggestions regards this or any other books?

I realize you really learn by hands-on doing, but need to start somewhere.
The Missing Manual's are good. Also, checkout the Tips and Hints in some of the magazines online, such as MacWorld, TidBits, MacLife, etc. :wave:

the best way to learn is just to dive right in, I was a big windows guy until I got my macbook. Its awkward at first so just give it some time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back