ATI 2600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I'm really struggling with finding a board that fits with my requirements.
I search for a ITX board (alternatively if there is really no chance to get the board I search a yATX) for a mini server -> media station (plex, iTunes, eyetv, etc)

Must have:
- working power management
- working sleep
- working LAN (+WOL)
- 4 SATA ports

Nice to have:
- USB 3
- Wifi
- irda/ bt (but there are workarounds as far as I know)

I could also wait for a z77 board if there is one announced that fits my requirements.

The system should be stable, silent, energy save.
The other components I planned so far are a
i3 2100/ 2105/ 2125
8gb ram (no clue what brand)
2-4 3tb WD (WD30EURS)

I'm free for better recommendation :)

Thanks in advance,
K1rk

You would better to wait for the new mITX boards from Gigabyte and the new i3 processors from Intel.

WOL probably won't work. I have never met a Hackintosh with working WOL.

"Integrated" WiFi and BT is always PITA. There are several great alternatives.

Thanks for your reply.
There is NO hackintosh with working WOL?
Hm... Bad...

But at least waking up a standby one works I hope?
So your suggestion is to wait. It's ok for me but is there any ITX one I could wait for (anything announced?) or do I have to take a mATX?

Is there no current board that fits?
My requirements would not need a last end system. (The price is also an argument)

Cheers

If you mean the wake from sleep function it's working.

Gigabyte has not yet announced the new boards. They will come probably sometime in August.

Yes I meant wake from sleep. Ok... If that works its fine for me.
I read in a german forum that also WOL could work with a z77 but if it's true or not I cannot say.

You said: wait for gigabyte z77 board. There are the GA-Z77m-d3h and GA-Z77mx-d3h already available. Are they not recommended?
Problem: I read a thread here where sleep worked and another one where it doesn't...

In case I give it a try. I read that the sound is also an issue. Is it also effecting the optical audio? Is there a suggestion for a USB audio with optical output?

Thanks in advance!

I said you should wait for the Gigabyte's new mITX motherboards, because - if the rumours are true - they probably will have Realtek audio and ethernet chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back