Graphics
Gigabyte GT 640 DDR3 2GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, i'm experiencing quite a bit of lag with my bluetooth, on my new hackintosh build. I'm trying to use the magic mouse with the iogear gbu521. Sometimes it connects and disconnects randomly as well. Sorry if this is a re-post. I'm having trouble finding a solution to this problem. I'm using the dell dw1515 for wifi on board witch doesn't have bluetooth.

I am making the assumption that you are using a desktop. I would suggest you use a usb extension cable. and route the bluetooth closer to the mouse and keyboard, basically so that your case isn't between the bluetooth module and your devices. Should be within a 2-3 feet. Also, do you have anything in close proximity that could add interference? I'm thinking of things like your home wifi router sitting on the same desk. Bluetooth, and almost everything else including cell phones operate in the same narrow range(2.4ghz).

I'm trying out the recommended bluetooth module myself, the little thumb thing. I have a actual apple bluetooth complete with a full size antennae. The range is fantastic on the genuine apple because of the antennae, but Mavericks won't wake from sleep anymore with it. The range not the little thumb thingy isn't nearly as good. I try using my keyboard in my lap and it gets seriously laggy, then suddenly I have a half dozen characters on the screen.

There is supposed to be a wifi AC adapter with bluetooth that will work with the native Apple driver. It would require a laptop to desktop adapter to work. I'm keeping an eye on the buyers guide for it.

Hey guys,

So I have this *exact* same issue. It's worth mentioning that I've had my trackpad in the same place since forever, and it has worked fine even at a two meter distance. However, since the 10.9.2 update, I'm sitting two feet away from the bluetooth adapter and I get a similar lag with connection drops as well.

I've changed the batteries of my trackpad, tried removing the bluetooth configuration, restarted, switched USB ports that the adapter is connected to with no avail so far.

I'd love to try out any other recommendations to get this back up and running!

Hey guys,

So I have this *exact* same issue. It's worth mentioning that I've had my trackpad in the same place since forever, and it has worked fine even at a two meter distance. However, since the 10.9.2 update, I'm sitting two feet away from the bluetooth adapter and I get a similar lag with connection drops as well.

I've changed the batteries of my trackpad, tried removing the bluetooth configuration, restarted, switched USB ports that the adapter is connected to with no avail so far.

I'd love to try out any other recommendations to get this back up and running!

For anyone who comes across this post with similar issues - my solution was to buy the same new bluetooth adapter and all seems to work well now. I'm guessing my issue was hardware-related at the adapter itself. I've got the original max range now, as I had before so I'm quite happy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back