pan

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Microsoft Bluetooth wireless Transceiver 2.0 USB dongle

When I plug it in, I get the bluetooth symbol in the menubar, and when I click the symbol/icon, it says that the bluetooth is on. In system profiler, under USB, it also shows a Wireless Radio for Bluetooth 2.0, with Product ID as 0x009c, Vendor as 0x045e (Microsoft Corporation) and version 1.00

Also, I get a popup that says "A new network interface has been detected. the bluetooth DUN interface has not been set up" which I ignore, as it leads me to the dial-up networking setup.

It seems that the system is recognizing the dongle, but when i go to pair it with any device, nothing shows up (phones, keyboard, mouse) and if I make the hackintosh discoverable, it does not show up in any other devices.

Interestingly enough, when I go to Set Up Bluetooth, it says Name Not Available

Please, any help!!! I've scoured the web and the forum and have no idea why the dongle isnt working

Thanks

pan said:
I have a Microsoft Bluetooth wireless Transceiver 2.0 USB dongle

When I plug it in, I get the bluetooth symbol in the menubar, and when I click the symbol/icon, it says that the bluetooth is on. In system profiler, under USB, it also shows a Wireless Radio for Bluetooth 2.0, with Product ID as 0x009c, Vendor as 0x045e (Microsoft Corporation) and version 1.00

Also, I get a popup that says "A new network interface has been detected. the bluetooth DUN interface has not been set up" which I ignore, as it leads me to the dial-up networking setup.

It seems that the system is recognizing the dongle, but when i go to pair it with any device, nothing shows up (phones, keyboard, mouse) and if I make the hackintosh discoverable, it does not show up in any other devices.

Interestingly enough, when I go to Set Up Bluetooth, it says Name Not Available

Please, any help!!! I've scoured the web and the forum and have no idea why the dongle isnt working

Thanks

You're bluetooth device is likely not compatible with Mac OSX. I went through 4 dongles before I found one that worked the way I wanted it to.

second*** i have this problem too. with a hacked firmware asus bt-211, and some microcenter generic **** called Zoom

Get the dongle in my signature or a Belkin Mini USB bluetooth adapter...both work in bios and with Chimera.

:banghead: i have a cambridge electronics bluetooth dongle, osx sees it fine, but it still wont discover! but my phone sees it, and not just the hex, like the full name. it tries to pair but nothing happens

btw, i will try that, but i havnt even tried out chimera, i have been playing around w/ 7 for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back