<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everybody,
I would like to know if there is anybody out there that have the setup I do and have the bluetooth working without any problems.

The computer is able to wake up from sleep but sometimes it freezes and need to hard restart it by pressing the power button.:banghead:

I tried searching it on this forum but couldn't find the solution. Any help will be really appreciated since this is my main machine and it happen to freezes when i need it the most lol

All the components were bought based on the mac pro list from here.

Thanks in advance!

i7-4770K
GA-Z87X-UD3H with bios 10b
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Low Profile 32GB Kit
Crucial_CT240M500SSD1 SSD 250GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1024 MB
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Apple Magic Mouse
mavericks 10.9.5

That doesn't look like a really odd a combination... so it should work fine. I have found that freezes are for the most part usually memory related.

I do have a similar build but I have different Z87 board (but with the beta BIOS) with the 4970k and 16 GB of Crucial Vengeance LP. I did have a few freezes when I was using XMP but have since just set the memory speeds, timings and voltages manually and everything is great now (touch wood :p).

I would also ensure you run a few MemTests to make sure all your RAM is in good shape. Just make sure you boot into single user mode run the tests.

I did ran MEMTEST86 and didn't have any errors. Would you mind pointing me to the right place to tweak the values manually like you said?

Hi there, first of all I would like to thank you very much for helping me with this issue that is driving me crazy. I was out of town that's why my late replay. i Have the GA-Z87X-UD3H, and the ram is running at the timing they were made for based on the crucial website.
any other direction you can point me too?

Bluetooth serious problem

PLEASE HELP! This is my main work station and it's giving me a hard time.

I did the upgrade to Yosemite and things got worst. Here are the symptoms:

1. The bluetooth dongle doesn't work after waking up from sleep.
  2. When put the computer to sleep the computer (just the cpu not the monitors) wakes up by itself for a minute and then it auto turns off.
  3. When I try to shutdown the computer, it shuts down just one of the three monitors and the other two plus the computer remain awake until I press the power button.

Thanks in advance for your time and help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back