Graphics
GTX-760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a ML build that is working perfect, however I am having serious pain with bluetooth. I have two BT adapters, I have a Targus and Iogear adapter:

This is the Targus adapter I have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002K6RK0/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00
Iogear adapter I have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GFX0PY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Both adapters are seen by Mountain Lion with no problem but they have 0 range.... I have a magic mouse that I know works fine with my Macbook Pro, but when I connect it to my usb port unless the mouse is sitting right on top of the computer case it is out of range. My computer is sitting on the floor right under my desk and my mouse is on a keyboard shelf... less then three feet away but that is too far away. So my question is, am I doing something wrong? I want to use my Magic Mouse and move to an Apple wireless keyboard but I would like to have a little range at least from the floor to my keyboard shelf. I welcome your feedback of what to look at.

Any Bluetooth experience out there???

As an FYI my Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 running UEFI Bios.

Have you tried moving the adapters to other USB ports? Sometimes you can get signal interference from parts of your computer (I've heard external USB 3.0 disks cause a lot of interference with wireless peripherals) and moving it from the front to the back or vice versa will fix the problem.

Thank you, I will give it a try. I have not tried it on the front yet as I am waiting for a new case but it seems to be worth a try. I have to hink that with two different USB dongles it has to be something. I figure if my phone can see my car when it is on from the house with the little tiny usb dongle i have on my stereo my mouse should work from three feet away.

I had Bluetooth problems on my new Hackintosh build. I have the IOGear micro adapter (GBU521). It basically worked OOB once I put it in the right port (don't plug it in a USB 3 port). My mouse however, was very rough after it connected, jumping and lagging and unusable for me. I gave up on it for a while but just had an idea. I put the IOGear dongle on a USB extension cord to move it away from the computer and closer to my mouse. It's not the most elegant solution and feels a little counter to the point of a 'wireless' technology, but it worked like a charm. The mouse is smooth and responsive now.

If you have the apple USB keyboard with the built in USB hub, you can plug the BT dongle in the Keyboard...

Just a thought.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back