Register

Bluetooth on El Capitan NOT working/GONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i3
Graphics
GT 640
So I just installed el capitan on my desktop. After installation everything worked perfectly, however my bluetooth settings are gone. Therefore I can't set up my mouse. I have been searching all over the forum to find a solution however none have appeared to be working for me. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong guides? Can someone please lead me in the right direction? Thank you.

I honestly have no clue as stupid as that sound. lol. Do you suggest me to just buy a newer one? like the IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter since majority of people have that? Should that solve my issue since I have a really old bluetooth dongle. Thanks for helping me btw! I really appreciate it.

I have no idea either. The only Bluetooth I've used on mine comes on the PCIe half-mini or m.2 Broadcom WiFi/BT combo cards.

If you have the Bluetooth dongle attached, you can look in System Information under USB and click the entry for the dongle. Find the Vendor ID (mine is 0x0a5c) and the Product ID (mine is 0x216f) and then combine them like vendor:product without the 0x parts (so, 0a5c:216f for me) and then Google whatever you get. For mine there are a bunch of hits on Linux forums but it says Broadcom all over the place.

If, on the other hand, the dongle doesn't show up in the USB list at all, then you need to try it on different USB ports until it does.

Just discovered that about all my USB ports on my mobo isn't working with the dongle for some strange reason. However it works on my keyboard! wow. So it works now because I plugged it on my usb keyboard not the back. Thanks for all your help. I appreciate your time and effort! See you around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back