I-7 6700K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
New build - details in sig.

I've tried my old RocketFish BT adapter (that worked flawlessly on my old hack for 5 years), the new (recommended) IOGear BT dongle
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GFX0PY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 .

EVERY TIME I reboot - I have to use the wired USB Mouse/KB, to login - then connect my Magic Keyboard/mouse manually with the lightning cable to get them to connect.

I've tried factory resetting the devices, the bluetooth module (shift-option->bluetooth), pretty much every trick in the book. The KB/Mouse aren't paired with any other devices in the house.

I have one of these on order Orinco GXG-1987 BTA-402 USB Bluetooth 4.0 Micro Adapter Dongle Mini Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter Dongle With CSR8510 Controller - which reportedly works OK (according to some off-site research on IM).

This, and a minor FaceBook issue (that I'll post on another thread), are the only remaining bugs (so far) on my new build (that and a Barracuda in my array that's already pre-failing-SMART - new one on the way).

Really would like to NOT have to keep a USB mouse/kb plugged in for every reboot. Really don't want to spend the $$ to buy the hacked wireless/BT module that uses the genuine apple parts (especially since I don't need WiFi).

Suggestions?

Rick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back