Contribute
Register

Bluetooth Magic Trackpad Isues (Rocketfish USB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Using the extremely helpful buyers guide here I recently performed an upgrade on my PC that just happened to work with MultiBeast. The goal was (obviously) to get as Mac-like an experience as possible. And for the most part I've accomplished that. My only issue seems to come from using my Magic Trackpad.

Sometimes it works perfectly. However more often that not the cursor will appear to "jump" around the screen. The lack of smoothness in scrolling and just general pointer movement makes it nearly impossible to use. A regular USB mouse works normally. I have even tested this trackpad on a Macbook and it works without issue so the problem is somewhere in my setup.

OS Version: 10.7.2 installed via UniBeast
Bluetooth: Rocketfish USB adapter
Motherboard: GA-Z68XP-UD3 (using correct DSDT, F8 BIOS version)
Processor: i5-2500K
Graphics: EVGA GTX 260

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

what kind of bluetooth stick do you have? Do you use any or what kind of kext?

I am using the Rocketfish RF-MRBTAD bluetooth adapter. The adapter database says it should work right out of the box. I am not using any kexts beyond what was recommended for my build in MultiBeast, it is essentially a brand new install.

I had a similar problem with my magic mouse, some time the cursor moves e.g up and down and so on. I am not using any kext for the bluetooth, it works oob, i believed it :) .
To fix the problem i just patched the IOBluetoothFamiliy.kext with the product-id and manufacture-id of my bluetooth stick, wow, i got it. It works just fine, include sleep and so on. Hope you will have the same result cause i think about the Trackpad :D

Forrax said:
I am using the Rocketfish RF-MRBTAD bluetooth adapter. The adapter database says it should work right out of the box. I am not using any kexts beyond what was recommended for my build in MultiBeast, it is essentially a brand new install.
FYI - I have the same dongle and I'm not having any issues with the trackpad so there may be hopes that you can find what is conflicting and remedy it. I didn't do a thing extra to get it to work.

I've added the device IDs to my IOBluetoothFamily.kext (a bit of a pain finding the Rocketfish IDs I might add) and even rolled back my IOUSBFamily.kext in a bit of desperation. It seems to have helped at first... But whenever I leave my machine unattended for some time (like during work) I'll come back to the same issues of a really jumpy cursor. Sometimes a reboot fixes it, sometimes not. Same with restarting the trackpad itself. I'm sort of at my wit's end here so I'm willing to try anything for a fix. I've got everything backed up so a reinstall won't take too much time if the whole thing blows up in the process!

While experimenting with BT adapters several months ago, I kept getting similar problems. In my particular case, moving the BT adapter in closer proximity to my Magic Trackpad cleared it up... seems I was getting interference from something.

Just a thought. Good luck!

digitalix said:
I had a similar problem with my magic mouse, some time the cursor moves e.g up and down and so on. I am not using any kext for the bluetooth, it works oob, i believed it :) .
To fix the problem i just patched the IOBluetoothFamiliy.kext with the product-id and manufacture-id of my bluetooth stick, wow, i got it. It works just fine, include sleep and so on. Hope you will have the same result cause i think about the Trackpad :D

Can you share the kexts if it is possible to use it for myself. ive been trying to do it my self following notshy's guide but without success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back