Contribute
Register

Bluetooth lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used "fraisdos125" guide "Lenovo x250" as a starting point. His guide is almost spot on for this particular system. Rehabman has provided good guidance as well.

In summary, WIFI works but the BT portion is a real problem, PC boots up with BT on and see the controller listed as "BCM920703 Bluetooth 4.1" under USB3.0 which matches the adapter. Once the computer awakes from deep sleep I no longer see the original controller but instead see BCM2045A0 as the new controller which is a problem. I'm unable to find good fixes, the workaround or fixes discovered are really spotty

your config.plist is a mess, all kexts should be installed to system, only essential kexts needs to be in clover/kexts/other

your config.plist is a mess, all kexts should be installed to system, only essential kexts needs to be in clover/kexts/other

hmm. where in config.plist it shows that these kexts are being loaded at boot time from EFI folder?

hmm. where in config.plist it shows that these kexts are being loaded at boot time from EFI folder?
it doesn't, only have essential kexts in clover/kexts/other

Google Chrome is hooking your USB ports.
It causes problems with BrcmPatchRAM.
Read FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No luck. See the issue as described:

1. At reboot - USB functional. see image "usb-b4-sleep" and "wifi-b4-sleep". BT controller displayed BCM920703
2. PC put to sleep and awake 5 minutes later. refer to "usb-after 5min sleep" . new controller BCM2045A0 is displayed, BCM920703 lost and BT nonfunctional. Recovery is rebooting PC as far as I know
3. 10 minutes later post sleep, no BT controller under USB , refer to "usb-10 minutes later"

Not sure where to go from here.

Attachments

• usb-10 min later.png
    usb-10 min later.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 164
  • usb-off-after sleep.png
    usb-off-after sleep.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 171
  • chrome-webusb-disabled.png
    chrome-webusb-disabled.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 165
  • usb-after 5min sleep.png
    usb-after 5min sleep.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 282
  • wifi-b4-sleep.png
    wifi-b4-sleep.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 234
  • usb-b4-sleep.png
    usb-b4-sleep.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 231
  • mysetup3.zip
    13.7 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
No luck. See the issue as described:

1. At reboot - USB functional. see image "usb-b4-sleep" and "wifi-b4-sleep". BT controller displayed BCM920703
2. PC put to sleep and awake 5 minutes later. refer to "usb-after 5min sleep" . new controller BCM2045A0 is displayed, BCM920703 lost and BT nonfunctional. Recovery is rebooting PC as far as I know
3. 10 minutes layer BCM2045A0 no longer shows as a controller under USB , refer to "usb-10 minutes later"

Not sure where to go from here.

Problems:
- CPU PM not implemented
- ACPI patched incorrectly

Ok I think the BT issue with sleep has been fixed. I'm no loner losing BT after sleep. This has been one arduous project not for the faint-hearted but I made it through Thanks to all

Ok I think the BT issue with sleep has been fixed. I'm no loner losing BT after sleep. This has been one arduous project not for the faint-hearted but I made it through Thanks to all

Bringing this thread back from the dead, because of the exact same issue on a X260 with DW1830. I have patched my ACPI following the guides, created custom USBInject SSDT, everything on the laptop works perfectly in 10.14.4 except bluetooth. First boot, perfectly detected as BCM920703, bluetooth works normally. After sleep and wake, it is detected as BCM2045A0 and does not work. I would appreciate a follow up from @hamoja on how they solved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back