Contribute
Register

Bluetooth kIODeviceNotResponding error on Asus N53SV-DH72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, a little calmer now at the idea that I finally have Lion installed on my laptop. Well not really calmer.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Ok got audio working perfectly. Deleted AppleHDA.kext, restarted, got VoodooHDA kext from the following post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=160546&sid=833a3bc5b0b2c9a14006a9cef17353d0#p160546. Installed it with kext wizard, rebooted, and audio worked.

Next sleep. Uuuuggh! This always sucks, but I got it to work in the end. I got the kext for SleepEnabler from here: code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/downloads/detail?name=SleepEnabler.kext.10.7.x.zip&can=2&q=. Hope the following detail helps someone:
So I simply installed the sleepenabler.kext using kext wizard, reboot, kernel panic. So I freaked out and rebooted in to the system from my usb stick using -x -s and removed the sleep enabler kext. Reboot, kernel panic! More freaking out. Now I somehow by reading the panic messages, realized that they were not coming from the same kext. It changed with every reboot so it was like it was fixing itself. So I did several reboots (maybe 7), and randomly my system would boot and most times it was just kernel panic. Anyway with the realization, I thought why not add the sleepenabler, and let the system fix itself. So using my usb, i booted in to my system with -x -s and re-installed the sleepenabler.kext. Surprisingly, the system booted this time. I tried re-booting several times and it booted fine. Then I actually tested sleep (the whole point of this) and it worked perfectly. So viola, now i have sleep working! Yipeeee! :clap:

Oh and I don't have a usb 3.0 device so I couldn't test that. However my usb 3.0 port would usually render useless when i plugged in a usb (i.e. it wouldnt read it and stuff). However i tested now, and usb 2.0 devices are working and readable. So at least I have 4 usb ports working. That was with usb 3.0 kexts that come with the curent multibeast (4.2.1).
Update: My USB 3.0 port is not working. I had previously plugged in a usb stick, and when it showed up in Finder I considered it working. However when I actually opened it to get files off it, the drive showed up empty. Also having a usb stick in the port, prevented restart, till i unplugged it. I am wondering if this would work for me:
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2309

So what's left?
1. Bluetooth is not working for me. I have the IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext installed on my system. But bluetooth never shows up for me up top on the menu bar. (Not a killer for me)

2. Card reader also would be nice, since I do use it, but also not a killer.

3. Function keys. For the Fn keys, the following work: F1 (sleep), F2 (wifi), F5 & F6 (screen brightness). The following don't work: F9 (trackpad), F10 & F11 & F12 (audio). I'm not sure about F7 & F8 (switch output screen). None of the top volume keys work for me either.

Update: I realized 2 more issues:
4. My CD drive isn't working. I don't have that eject icon up top. I think installing a kext from those im questioning below might solve the issue.

5. My keyboard layout has a single messed up button. Its the ` button which in my current U.S. layout shows up as §. This is a little bit frustrating since I frequently use the cmd+` shortcut to switch between open windows of an app.

Questions:
1. There are a few things that I didn't install from multibeast which I am wondering if they would be useful and not harmful, any info would be much appreciated:
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
3rdParty SATA
3rdParty eSATA
JMicron 36x ATA
FakeSMC Plugins - Motherboard Plugins
NullCPUPowerManagement

2. My white led for the Nvidia card is always on. I would have thought that since I have graphics enabler=no it would always have the blue (hd3000) indicator on. Also I haven't tested battery life with the mac yet. It would be a pity if the nvidia card is on, and uselessly drawing power.

Overall I consider my system 85% functional. If I fix the 3 issues above I would consider it 95%. If apple adopts the optimus technology I would consider it 100%! :)

Hope all N53SV users find these posts useful.

Note: When I get a little more time, i will make a guide about how I got things installed and attach the dsdt and kexts and stuff. Ill probably post on osx86.net since I didnt use unibeast for install. Then I can link it here. Hopefully this will be soon with everything fresh in my mind.

Got my laptop up and running. One problem I am getting is I can't connect using wireless because I get this error: "Wi-Fi has the self-assigned IP addess ***.***.**.*** and will not be able to connect to the internet."

Could this be a kext issue not being able to connect to the network ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS:

Thanks teemo and droplets for all the help....

EDIT: My wireless has b/g/n protocols. I changed the settings to only be the g protocol and it connected instantly. That means the N protocol is not supported by either the kext for this wireless adapter or by Lion.

EDIT2: Found a kext for my AR9002WB-1NG wireless card, applied it with kext wizard, restarted and now my wireless works flawlessly on all protocols, YAY. Also I don't get any errors for my bluetooth like before, but I still don't see anything in system profiler under bluetooth. Still a work in progress...

I guess I am just lucky, or its my version of the laptop (N53SV-XV1) My wifi N works great, USB 3.0 works, with 3.0 speeds (1.5GB in ~25secs), Full graphics QE/CI with the intel HD 3000. The only quirks I have are:
1. Webcam - I have to open camera twist to get it to display.
2. Card Reader - Not recognized at all.

Thats it. I boot from the HDD with no issues, and the laptop runs fast. I even copied my kexts to the Lion Installer USB stick I made, and it booted up with Sound/wifi/display/BT/USB 3.

This is Awesome :). If you have a xv-1 Let me know, I can try and help.

Ok the problem with my keyboard layout I think, is that the usb keyboard i used initially after the first boot was European layout, I think that mixed things up. I think if I had used a U.S. keyboard this wouldn't have been a problem. I also think I can still fix this by plugging in a u.s. keyboard and changing the layout from preferences keyboard. The thing is that with a usb keyboard plugged in the preferences keyboard shows the "change layout" button, without it the button disappears. My main problem was the tilde "~" was being registered as another weird character and I had to switch the roles of the cmd and alt keys (I fixed the latter from preferences - keyboard - modifier keys). I solved it by using a key mapper software called: Ukelele. I actually didn't need the software, I just added the LogitechUSIntl.keylayout and LogitechUSIntl.icns to /Library/Keyboard Layouts, log out, log in. Then it shows up in the input sources and then u can use it. That's the keyboard issue in case anybody runs into something similar. I attached the layout in LogitechUSIntl.zip.

My blue ray cd player is actually recognized and works and everything is fiune, its just that the cd menu item which allows u to eject your player (which appears in the top menu bar) isn't installed by default in Lion. To get it to show up I followed the instructions here:
http://macs.about.com/od/macoperatingsy ... cdmenu.htm

Webcam works perfectly for me out of the box.

That leaves usb 3.0, bluetooth, card reader, fn keys and of course GT450M with optimus (some day).

slayher, I have a couple of questions:

1. Can you plz attach any kexts you use to make usb 3.0 work.
2. You said you added the kexts to the usb installer, and things worked out of the box. Does that include keyboard and trackpad? So you didn't need to plug in a usb keyboard on first boot? I got the keyboard to work during the installer, by adding the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext & VoodooPS2Controller.kext to my usb's s/l/e. However on first boot I was still required to plug in a usb keyboard.

Attachments

• LogitechUSIntl.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 68
teemo10 said:
Webcam works perfectly for me out of the box.

Hey teemo10,

I used the option from multibeast for usb3.0 and it works on my laptop. Copying 1GB + file takes seconds. I noticed your webcam works OOB, whenever i click on facetime I don't get anything, just facetime bar appears up top and the green led on the laptop goes on and that's it.
Blue-ray player works for me OOB with eject working on top bar.

@teemo10
I use a USB mouse so i didnt even check that. I rebooted into the installer, and NO the trackpad does not work, but I did not add the kexts for it. And no I do not have to attach a USB keyboard to get the installed one to work.

As for USB3.0 I used the kexts I found on kexts.com. It was modified by modbin. I tried the one from multibeast, and it did not work for me.

Attachments

• modbin_patched_PXHCD.kext.zip
    196.7 KB · Views: 102
I just tested my usb 3.0 port with the default multibeast-provided NEC usb 3.0 drivers, and it worked fine.

teemo10

I just realized why my dsdt.aml didnt work for you. I actually compressed it into a .zip, not just renamed it lol. Oops

Teemo, can you pls attach your dsdt file..?.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back