Contribute
Register

Bluetooth issues on Ventura (13.0 & 13.1)

Motherboard
Gigabyte H97N-Wifi
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
HD 4600
Update appeared to go smoothly, however, there has been one minor, but irritating issue re: bluetooth.

Installed on an HP EliteDesk G4 Mini (a great little machine). Internally it has an intel chipset Wifi/Bluetooth card, which never really worked. My machine is wired ethernet and I have a IOGear Broadcom based BT4.0 USB dongle (this one). Since the update to Ventura 13.0 I've started seeing some BT weirdness. My Keyboard (Logitech) would pair and work, no problem, but my Bluetooth mouse stopped working (wouldn't recognize it when in pairing mode). Now, with the update to 13.1 my keyboard still works, but if the machine shuts the screen off after idling, or it gets rebooted the keyboard will no longer connect. I have to attach a wired keyboard to log in, forget the Logitech keyboard and repair. Kind of a pain in the ass to have to keep doing that.

Updated to latest OpenCore and brought all Kexts up to latest and greatest; still no good.

Installed Kexts are:

AppleALC.kext
BlueToolFixup.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
EFICheckDisabler.kext
IntelMausi.kext
Lilu.kext
NVMeFix.kext
USBPorts.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Unfortunately Apple changed the USB map in Ventura, basically what worked in the previous OS X versions USB and WIFI configs, will not work in Ventura. So if remapping your USB layout for this particular version does not work, you'll have to either patch the existing card (if there is such a patch) or install an Apple compatible WIFI/B-Tooth combo card to overcome the problem.

Thanks. I've ordered the appropriate M2 broadcom replacement. With any luck that'll do it.

Unfortunately Apple changed the USB map in Ventura, basically what worked in the previous OS X versions USB and WIFI configs, will not work in Ventura. So if remapping your USB layout for this particular version does not work, you'll have to either patch the existing card (if there is such a patch) or install an Apple compatible WIFI/B-Tooth combo card to overcome the problem.
What do you mean? Haven't seen any changes on my Dell 5570 usb layout in Ventura.
Thanks. I've ordered the appropriate M2 broadcom replacement. With any luck that'll do it.
Which one?

What do you mean? Haven't seen any changes on my Dell 5570 usb layout in Ventura.
Maybe you're just lucky, but I can assure you the changes in Ventura, judging by the many posts concerning USB mapping and WFI/B-Tooth connection in Ventura problems is well documented. Here is where we call on our trusty friend Google. :)

Back