Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am starting a new thread on this I thought I could find the answer in another thread but no luck.

I own the MQUPIN Wireless PCI-E Card, Fencvi T919 WiFi Adapter and have used it for about a year and my Bluetooth is not loading.

I have added AirportBrcmFixup.kext I also have a USB Map and I thought I did it correctly can you please help me get Bluetooth working.
Here is my map so you can see if I made a mistake.

thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 4.35.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 4.35.03 PM.png
    302.5 KB · Views: 74
  • UsbMap.jpg
    UsbMap.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 103
  • USBMap.kext.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
You don't want to have the Max Kernel = 19.9.9 entry for the AirportBrcmNIC_Injector.kext plugin.

Only the AirportBrcm4360_Injector.kext should have this entry, as this plugin kext is not supported in Big Sur. Whereas the NIC_Injector.kext is required for your card to work in Big Sur.

With regards the Bluetooth issues:

Are you sure that the two internal USB2 motherboard headers (A & B) are both using HS06, that seems strange to me.

Are you sure Header 'A' isn't HS05, as that would be more normal and account for the HS05 ports not being mentioned in your setup. I would recommend you test the two internal header ports again to ensure they are correctly identified.

Your USBMap.kext is set wrong for the following ports:
  • HS04 - set as USB3 (3) should be set as Type-C (9) to match SS04, shown on the annotated image as being disabled but included in the USBMap.kext.
  • HS06 - set as USB2 (0) should be set as 'Internal' (255) - Bluetooth specific issue along with issue regarding HS05 mentioned above.
  • HS10 - set as 'Internal' (255) should be set as USB3 (3)
  • HS01/SS01 - not included in the kext but shown on the annotated rear I/O plate image as being enabled.
  • HS01/SS01 - shown duplicated on the annotated image, is this correct or should the second pair adjacent to the Type-C port be identified as HS03 and SS03?
  • HS03/SS03 - both set as USB3 (3) in the kext but not shown on the annotated image.
Your Bluetooth will be connected to HS06, which has the wrong USB port connector type. Fix this and the other issues listed above and maybe your Bluetooth will work.

Your final USBMap.kext info.plist should look like this when you are finished, assuming you are keeping all the ports currently activated by the kext:

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 15.46.29.png Revised and reorder Info.plist from USBMap.kext

If you need to drop a port to accommodate HS05, then HS04 would be the logical choice to my mind.

An amendment to add HS05 in place of HS04 would look like this:

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 15.53.28.png HS04 (Type-C) replaced by HS05 (255)

I have assumed you have an SSDT-EC-USBX.aml or SSDT-USBX.aml for USB Power settings included in your setup.

Ed thank you this gave me a few things to check out.

First, go-round was to check ioregistry to see if the Bluetooth on my card was showing up on the controller without usbinjectall installed, and I couldn't see the internal USB headers.

Second, I tried with usbinjectall and my Bluetooth didn't show up in IOregistry.

This leads me to believe that there is an HW issue with my wifi/BT card.

Last edited:
Why would you think it was a hardware error?
  1. Were those checks undertaken after you edited the USBMap.kext, as I recommended above?
  2. Had you removed or disabled the USBMap.kext from your /OC/kexts folder when you added USBInjectAll.kext back in to the same folder?
  3. Did you enable the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit option in your config.plist when you added USBInjectAll.kext in to your system.
USBMap.kext doesn't work with USBInjectAll.kext. One or the other needs to be removed/disabled for the other to work correctly.

Why would you think it was a hardware error?
  1. Were those checks undertaken after you edited the USBMap.kext, as I recommended above?
  2. Had you removed or disabled the USBMap.kext from your /OC/kexts folder when you added USBInjectAll.kext back in to the same folder?
  3. Did you enable the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit option in your config.plist when you added USBInjectAll.kext in to your system.
USBMap.kext doesn't work with USBInjectAll.kext. One or the other needs to be removed/disabled for the other to work correctly.
1. I am trying to find out if there is a HW issue. However, in windows, it shows as available. So HW is not the issue.
2. Yes, USB Map is removed, and I replaced it with injectall and added it to my config.plist and removed the other.
3. I have usbinjectall installed and xhciportlimit set as true. Looking at registry explorer I don't see Bluetooth
4. Also on Dortania's guide I thought I read that I don't need to use injectall on a comet lake board.
5. I will go and try your recommendations next, with USBMap in my kexts folder xhciportlimit should be set to no correct?
I applied your recommendations and I can see in hakintool that HS06 is active (the internal header) however I cant see the Bluetooth in ioregistry.​

Last edited:
Post a copy of your IOReg.

The Bluetooth may be connected to a different port.

Thank you for taking a look.

Attachments

• Alexs hackintosh.ioreg
    9.9 MB · Views: 67
Thank you I didnt know that about ioregistry. I used the one from the guide and here is what I got from it.

Attachments

• Alexs hackintosh.ioreg
    4.7 MB · Views: 81
That IOReg is readable, so thanks.

Unfortunately it doesn't show is your Bluetooth module.

There are a couple of mentions of Bluetooth HCI controller etc. in the Resources section, but nothing relating to the Bluetooth being connected to a USB port.

There are a number of USB ports not included in your USBMap.kext, HS01, HS03, HS07, HS09, HS11, HS14, SS01, SS04, SS05, SS06 and SS10. HS07 being the one I think may be the one we need to see, as it is most likely to be associated with one of the Internal Header ports.

So what you need to do is this:
  1. Remove your USBMap.kext from your /OC/Kexts folder and config.plist,
  2. Add USBInjectAll.kext to your /OC/Kexts folder and config.plist
  3. Enable the XhciPortLimit quirk in your config.plist,
  4. Reboot your system
  5. Copy the system IOReg again and post it here so I can see the difference in the USB ports.
Doing this should activate all the USB ports in your system, so we can see what if anything is connected to the inactive ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back