Contribute
Register

Bluetooth is working on GA-Z87N-Wifi , but not connecting to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure if you've seen my post on another thread, but try connecting the bundled arial, I thought it was just for WIFI but it's for bluetooth too!

I'm now using a Mac bluetooth keyboard and mouse - not without problems tho, I can't wake from sleep using them, the option is greyed out.

Also it takes around 20 seconds on boot for the devices to be found and for me to be able to use them.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Saltrock.

Awesome that you got the Bluetooth working! Can you elaborate on the "bundled arial"?

Thx!

I've been searching this site and the rest of the interwebs for a few days now trying to resolve this...

This is my second build. For those simply having the bluetooth on but nothing showing up problem, the fix is simply to plug in the antennae included with the motherboard. Surrounding bluetooth devices should instantly show up. (I'll add that in my case, I could see, connect but not actually get the devices to work, even when paired but this doesn't seem to be the case for all).

For those with Wifi not working out of the box, learn to read a whole article. I haven't found one guide about the H87N or the Z87N that didn't clearly state that wifi will not work with the onboard chip for mac os x. Stop asking already :p

Finally, here is my current issue. I did plug my antennae in right after first boot-up (post-installation) and I could see the surrounding devices. Unfortunately, the bluetooth tab in my preference panel has completely disappeared since installing multi beast. This issue seems pretty common for those with the latest m-iTX gigabyte boards...

I'd also mention that I'd been using a bluetooth dongle (rocket fish) without any issues on my previous hackintosh. It has not been recognized on this system so far. I'm thus left out in the blue (no pun intended) in regards to my keyboard and current audio set-up both relying on bluetooth.

Anyone able to post a link to a solution?

LOL it was definitely because i had not installed the antenna. this was another case of operator error. My magic trackpad is amazing. thanks for this guys!!!

Something else is the cause of my bluetooth problems. I got my magic trackpad connected to the machine and after a reboot the bluetooth never came back on. The icon on the taskbar had a line through it and when i clicked on it it would say bluetooth not available.

:crazy:This resulted in a-lot of frustration and reinstallations. After trying everything under the sun from replacing the IOBluetoothFamily.kext and replacing it with a downgraded version, to installing drivers into my /Extras / folder using chameleon wizard and "show all files". after downgrading the kexts the bluetooth would show but not connect to anything, even with my antenna attached. The bluetooth decided to come back on after the most recent installation. I cant say for sure what the issue is but i think it might be a defective bluetooth card in the motherboard. The motherboard is a gigabyte GA z87n-Wifi. my best two guesses at what caused the bluetooth to reactivate would be, the card is defective and powers on unpredictably, or the previous install turned it back on but with the wrong version of the kexts causing the device to not connect anyways. Im not sure if anyone else has experienced this with the same motherboard or not. Moreover, I want to know why why the bluetooth crashed and then came back from the dead.

Any tips would be appreciated!! :beachball:

Could someone with the GA-Z87N-WIFI and the TP-LINK wifi card TL-WDN4800 please email me their bluetooth and network plist files? I've messed mine up somehow and now it doesn't even recognize I have any bluetooth at all. I still have wifi working just fine, but the bluetooth doesn't even show up as a device now.

rtomson atsign gmail com if you have them. Thank you so much.

Cheers,
Ross

I am currently in the same boat as you guys. Bluetooth was working and pair perfectly fine with my Magic Mouse in ML and MAVS 10.9.3. But all of a sudden it stopped pairing, I deleted Bluetooth.plist from Lib/Pref Repaired Permissions and still getting the Pairing Failed.

I ended up ordering the BT + Wifi Comb mPCIe BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H.
(going to run dedicated graphics in my PCIe slot which is currently parking a Wifi Card)

I just get frustrated seeing my Magic Mouse on my table knowing it worked with my hack at a point of time.

Anyone get this working?
I'm running a z87N-wifi with a core i5 4670k on Mavericks 10.9.4 first time Hackintosh build. Went very smoothly.

Everything is working beautifully. Even detected my logitech wireless solar keyboard right off the bat.
At first it was reading my onboard bluetooth and even connected to my magic mouse. However now, I get nothing and I have tried everything (at least everything I can find on the web so far) starting to get :banghead:

I went out and got an IO Gear Bluetooth dongle, and it will turn bluetooth on, but I can't switch it off. Nor will it discover my magic mouse. At first I thought it was something to do with the fact that it was showing power, but not discoverable and not connectable. However a couple of times I've had it show all 3 positive, but still not be able to connect to a dam thing.

Really getting frustrated seeing the magic mouse sitting there on the table unable to do anything with it.

I know this thread has been posted for a while. I recently tried to pair a bluetooth keyboard to mainboard unfortunately nothing is discovered and when it discovers something it cannot pair.

I played with PC windows 8.1 and Apple OS same problem. Obviously I have checked for hardware issues and drivers with no problems being raised.

This might help for those who are still experience the same problem. I finally attached the antenna that came with the board. Everything was fine for discovering and pairing devices.

In fact my logitech keyboard I'm typing on right this moment proves it worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back