Asrock P67 Extreme 4
CPU
Graphics
GT740
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was wondering if y'all could recommend a bluetooth dongle? for the apple Keyboard and Mouse

The Asus mini is no longer for sale....

I just received (an hour ago) my new Sabrent BT-USBT Mini Bluetooth USB Adapter and it is working like a champ. I have tested for the reboot requires a re-pair problem but it worked after rebooting. I have switched tried both the USB port on the bottom of my Apple wired keyboard and the USB port on the front of CustoMac #3 and both times the Bluetooth adapter picked up where it left off. I am jazzed.

The Sabrent BT-USBT Mini now works with the Apple Magic Trackpad and the Apple wireless keyboard.

I'm using a Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter made by IOGEAR that I purchased at Walmart. It is very small and works great with the Apple Magic Mouse, Trackpad, and other Bluetooth devices.

Update - Added Note:
This Bluetooth adapter is known for preventing a hackintosh from going to sleep. I don't use sleep so it doesn't matter to me but if you wish to try to get sleep working do not use the IOGEAR adapter.

thanks for your input!

I just purchased this adapter from Microcenter. It does pair up nicely with the magic trackpad but if you go to sleep, you cannot wake the computer with it. Also, once it's back on, it takes a long time for the trackpad to work again although it works immediately if you go to the bluetooth discovery screen.

Any of you who own this adapter experience the same issue with sleep?

Thanks!

I've had good luck with the Belkin mini bluetooth adapter model F8T016. Works with Snow Leopard and Lion out of the box.

alpha90 said:
foopy said:
I'm using a Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter made by IOGEAR that I purchased at Walmart. It is very small and works great with the Apple Magic Mouse, Trackpad, and other Bluetooth devices.

Hey, Foopy,

Would this be your model?: GBU421

http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Bluetooth- ... 0018O9JIG/

thanks

Yes that is the one I have except mine has "wm" added to the model number. Must be something to do with Walmart where i purchased mine. Sorry I took so long to respond.

foopy said:
alpha90 said:
foopy said:

Hey, Foopy,

Would this be your model?: GBU421

http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Bluetooth- ... 0018O9JIG/

thanks

Yes the is the one I have except mine has "wm" added to the model number. Must be something to do with Walmart where i purchased mine. Sorry I took so long to respond.

Thanks, on your recommendation the GBU421 is the one I chose, and it works just as you said. I think you are correct about Walmart adding "wm" to their PN. Because Amazon carried it, too, I ordered there to benefit tonymac86 as affiliate.

forum plug reminders:
Remember that no matter what we buy at NewEgg or Amazon (even furniture, appliances automotive, etc) if we enter their sites via tonymacx86's links such as http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac
...it costs us nothing but it helps support this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back