Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i recently completed a successful hackintosh project. most everything's hunky dory, but i have run into one snafu. i bought the targus acb10us (version 1) for bluetooth (i'm using a magic mouse). the reason i chose this particular dongle is it's supposed to be able to wake my computer from sleep. it works fine when plugged in after i've already booted up, but when i leave it in the usb port, and try to power up, my computer won't boot at all! it just kind of hangs after the gigabyte splash screen. i've even tried plugging it in at the apple bootloader (the thing with the progress bar and apple with the eyes; is this "chameleon"?), and that still freezes everything up. i HAVE to plug it in after it's finished booting for it to work normal.

anyone have any idea why this is? i'd love to be able to just stick this dongle in the rear port and leave it be. however, my work-around right now is plugging it in the front port after boot, and removing it after shutdown.

thoughts anyone?

hapa17 said:
i recently completed a successful hackintosh project. most everything's hunky dory, but i have run into one snafu. i bought the targus acb10us (version 1) for bluetooth (i'm using a magic mouse). the reason i chose this particular dongle is it's supposed to be able to wake my computer from sleep. it works fine when plugged in after i've already booted up, but when i leave it in the usb port, and try to power up, my computer won't boot at all! it just kind of hangs after the gigabyte splash screen. i've even tried plugging it in at the apple bootloader (the thing with the progress bar and apple with the eyes; is this "chameleon"?), and that still freezes everything up. i HAVE to plug it in after it's finished booting for it to work normal.

anyone have any idea why this is? i'd love to be able to just stick this dongle in the rear port and leave it be. however, my work-around right now is plugging it in the front port after boot, and removing it after shutdown.

thoughts anyone?

My bluetooth dongle is always plugged in the back- via an extension cable that goes to a different part of the house. Although I have a different setup than yours and a different dongle.

I'd suggest, if you haven't already, updating to the latest bios version and DSDT, as it has USB fixes. Good luck!

tonymacx86 said:
hapa17 said:

thoughts anyone?

My bluetooth dongle is always plugged in the back- via an extension cable that goes to a different part of the house. Although I have a different setup than yours and a different dongle.

I'd suggest, if you haven't already, updating to the latest bios version and DSDT, as it has USB fixes. Good luck!
hmmm...tried re-loading the DSDT file from multibeast to no avail. i know i've already updated to F8 of the ud2 board. so strange. i guess it's not that big a deal to insert my dongle after every startup.

another question...i notice when i run geekbench, my CPU temp will report at up to the high 60s. is that too high? i got this reading using iStat Menus. temp usually idles in the 40s.

Screenshot2010-03-06at83822PM.jpg

thanks!

p.s. not a big deal, but i can't get that coversutra app to run. it just crashes everytime i try to start it up. weird.

With regards to the CPU temperature, of course it'll go up when you're using CPU intensive applications, that's part for the course on any computer, no matter the OS, so no, that's most likely correct as Geekbench will load all four cores quite heavily which means the CPU temperature will increase. The only thing that really matters is how quickly it drops back down again or not.

I had similar problemw with my mobile phone being connected via USB on boot time - it just hang even before checking memory.. I doubt it has anything to do with Mac os..

I had similar issue with a usb logitech mouse, if i keep the usb receiver connected the system will not boot.
If after booting up and then plug the receive it will work fine,

but i found a way to get around this, i had an old 4 port usb hub laying around, so i hooked it up and i connected the receiver to it and the system boots fine and everything is working great.

I actually have the Belkin Bluetooth adaptor and Logitech mouse adaptor. I have both plugged into the usb ports of my wired Apple keyboard. This worked like a charm.

MB = Gigabyte P55A-UD4P

I have exactly the same problem. I'm starting to think it's BIOS related.

I'll let you know if I find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back