Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have Lion installed, and I'm still working out some of the kinks. One of them is that my bluetooth dongle no longer connects to my Magic Mouse. Mac sees the dongle (and I can use the bluetooth utility), mac and the dongle can see my magic mouse, but for some reason they just can't connect to it. I'm in SL right now, and have never had this kind of problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks. :wave:

Found a recommendation for a Rocketfish Rf-Mrbtad Micro Bluetooth Adapter in another thread. I replaced my Zoom Bluetooth with it and it works great for my Macally Bluetooth keyboard and Apple Magic mouse. Connection after startup with no loss. The zoom unit worked well in SL, but had to manually reconnect after each startup, which meant a USB mouse connected full time.

This is the link.
http://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-Rf-Mrb ... 144&sr=8-1

I just bought the rocketfish dongle based on this forums advice...and its not showing up or detecting in my system proflier.

I'm a bit new to all of this, so is there something additional I need to do in order to make this work?

redwurm said:
I just bought the rocketfish dongle based on this forums advice...and its not showing up or detecting in my system proflier.

I'm a bit new to all of this, so is there something additional I need to do in order to make this work?
So you do not have a blinking light in the rocketfish? Is it the Rf-Mrbtad model? Operating System? Other USB devices work on that USB port?
System info.png

Attachments

• System info.png
    System info.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 182
The light is on, but not blinking.

I am running Lion and yes, its the RF-MRBTAD model.
(edit) and yes, I had my wireless mouse dongle hooked up there and it worked. I've also tried it on some of the back ports...nothing.

@redwurm

Any other computer to try it on? Other than that, may be bad unit. Mine just worked oob. :think:

I dont, ill see what I can do about testing it.

FYI, you guys should remove the recommended Asus BT adapter in your customac builds. In searching this forum, I've found many many people see its incompatibile...so why recommend people to buy it? Kind of a waste of money =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back