1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've seen so many different answers on this so I'm just going to ask myself. I need a bt adapter that will work with an Apple bluetooth keyboard, a magic trackpad, and my old mighty mouse. I want it to work oob and be easy to use with windows and Ubuntu. I need wake from sleep. What do you guys recommend? Also is it possible to use the keyboard in the bios? Thank you :D

I have that belkin, and it seemed like it was working OOB, but I didn't actually finish pairing anything as I had other issues to attend to at the time... reminds me I need to go finish testing that. it was certainly cheap enough.

If you don't mind waiting a few days, I can dual boot into windows 7 and see how its works there. on your own for ubuntu though...

bluskale said:
I have that belkin, and it seemed like it was working OOB, but I didn't actually finish pairing anything as I had other issues to attend to at the time... reminds me I need to go finish testing that. it was certainly cheap enough.

If you don't mind waiting a few days, I can dual boot into windows 7 and see how its works there. on your own for ubuntu though...

Awesome thank you so much :) does it wake from sleep?

I didn't have any luck getting it to work in the BIOS or in the boot loader menu. Aside from that, it does seem to work fine in windows 7 & lion without any setup. Wasn't able to test sleep (long story...) but perhaps tomorrow if you're still interested in it. Apparently for BIOS support you want something that is HID capable (the Targus one claims to be)...

bluskale said:
I didn't have any luck getting it to work in the BIOS or in the boot loader menu. Aside from that, it does seem to work fine in windows 7 & lion without any setup. Wasn't able to test sleep (long story...) but perhaps tomorrow if you're still interested in it. Apparently for BIOS support you want something that is HID capable (the Targus one claims to be)...

Thanks bluskale :D just out of curiosity would the Apple Bluetooth keyboard work in PC BIOS anyway? :/ it's not a huge deal I mean I will need another keyboard and mouse for windows and Ubuntu setup anyway :p

Well I guess I'm still torn, I'm thinking of just going with the D-Link DB120 that I know will work. Can I use a keyboard trackpad and mouse all together with it at the same time? How fast will it wake on that adapter? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back