Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've seen other people with this problem before but not a way to fix it. Anyone know how to make this stop happening? Every time I reboot or shut down I have to wait quite a while longer than I should and it is annoying. It just gets stuck repeating an error:

[AHCI][PRT][00170070] AbortConmands::5302 Port 7 - called, deviceWithError 0, errCode = 0xe0030005

It is 100% caused by the Blu-ray drive, an LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40 which I know is one of the most common Blu-ray drives and it works perfectly fine for me in MacOS. It's only this annoying shutdown lag that is the problem.

Would be great if there was a way to disable that sata port or something right at logout from a shell script. I suppose 2nd best option would just be to disable it completely in config.plist, though I'd rather not since it works fine. But if that's the only way to fix this besides unplugging the drive, I would like to do it... and then just dual-boot to linux to burn discs. Is there a way to disable just one sata port in config.plist?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• photo_2024-01-25_13-27-17.jpg
    photo_2024-01-25_13-27-17.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 13
try to disable cd from bios if possible.
That would stop the errors, but it kind of defeats the purpose of having the drive installed in my computer. I want to use it in at least one OS without having to mess with the bios every time I want to use it.

One could try to declare the drive as external (in case macOS attempts to do unwanted power management on internal devices), or disable the port by SSDT.
Can you post your IOReg?

Hi etorix,
I can confirm that the problem is with the power management. In my case, since Sonoma, the DVD drive was causing crashes during sleep with this information in the log "Failure during sleep: SAT0(AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI) : Some drivers failed to handle setPowerState". When I unplugged it, the problem disappeared. I was getting ready to buy an external one when I saw your post. Is there any way to persuade the system that the drive is external? Could you tell us more?

@Eytel I was indeed think about your post ;)
There is a DeviceProperty for "Internal"/"External". I don't know how much macOS relies on it, but we can try.

Last edited:
One could try to declare the drive as external (in case macOS attempts to do unwanted power management on internal devices), or disable the port by SSDT.
Can you post your IOReg?
It is indeed listed as internal... which it is. How can it be changed to external?

Attachments

• BD_ioreg.png
    BD_ioreg.png
    597 KB · Views: 5
Actually I think I posted the device info that is my actual SATA port. This must be the drive itself...

Attachments

• BD_ioreg2.png
    BD_ioreg2.png
    288.2 KB · Views: 6
It is indeed listed as internal... which it is. How can it be changed to external?
The naive way would be to set DeviceProperty "Physical Interconnect Location" to "External", either for the SATA port at PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x11,0x0)/Pci(0x7,0x0) or the drive at PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x11,0x0)/Pci(0x7,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).
Maybe there's something to do with the port's IOPowerManagement?

Failing that, here would be my attempt at disabling SATA port #7:

Attachments

• SSDT-PRT7-DISABLE.aml
    108 bytes · Views: 4
The naive way would be to set DeviceProperty "Physical Interconnect Location" to "External", either for the SATA port at PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x11,0x0)/Pci(0x7,0x0) or the drive at PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x11,0x0)/Pci(0x7,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).
Maybe there's something to do with the port's IOPowerManagement?

Failing that, here would be my attempt at disabling SATA port #7:
Thank you for trying. I was hoping your SSDT would work, because I previously tried disabling the port this way... but yours also didn't work.

I don't understand why my computer is so stubborn. I can put whatever garbage I want in that port's ACPI data and it will show changes in ioreg, but MacOS doesn't care at all... the drive still works the same. Here's what it all looks like with your SSDT active...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 11.27.00 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 11.27.00 AM.png
    338.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 11.28.40 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 11.28.40 AM.png
    848.5 KB · Views: 5
Back