Contribute
Register

Blu Ray burner Hackintosh running 10.6.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac OS 10.6.8
CPU
Intel Core i7-980 Gulftown 3.33GHz LGA 1366 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80613I7980
Graphics
ZOTAC ZT-84GEM2M-HSL GeForce 8400 GS 512MB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Re
We've been using this ASUS Blu-Ray burner <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135252> with CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RDL stock for a year or two now using the Finder. I just tried to burn my first BRD disk and it wouldn't let me burn more than 4.4GB on it. Or maybe it was 8.8GB. I'm not sure.

Do I need to get software which will support Blu Ray burning? Or did I miss something in the build?

TYIA!

To be able to burn BD-R or BD-RE disks you will have to install burning software which supports Blu-Ray burning like Roxio Toast 11 Titanium. That's what I have bought and it does it very well.

you will have to install burning software which supports Blu-Ray burning like Roxio Toast 11 Titanium

Thanks. FWIW, I also have a friend who's had good results with Adobe Encore. I think I'll go with Toast, though. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back