Contribute
Register

Block errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSL

Motherboard
Laptop > Need make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5-4570R
Graphics
Intel > Need full model number > See Forum Rules!
I get block errors after starting "Mac OS X Install DVD.iso" What to do ?

Attachments

• Block error.png
    Block error.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 39
I get block errors after starting "Mac OS X Install DVD.iso" What to do ?
sounds like a hardware error

Hardware error ? I am able to start Win10 in Virtual Box .

From the DVD I have and then changed .dmg to .iso

I thought that the .dmg does not work .I saw youtube instructions and there they use .iso

From the DVD I have and then changed .dmg to .iso
Snow Leopard will not run on a 4th gen Haswell system. Needs to be 2nd gen Sandy Bridge or older. If the system in your profile is what you're using for the install, it will never work. HD3000/Sandy Bridge can work with 10.6.8. Or you could use an older SL supported GPU. Search the old SL threads for ideas.

Is this specific for Snow Leopard ? I remember that I installed Win XP on this machine , don't remember anymore if I also did an Win 98. Otherwise does it mean that in the future , it will not be possible to port SL to a new machine with the newest hardware ?

Otherwise does it mean that in the future , it will not be possible to port SL to a new machine with the newest hardware ?
New chipsets and graphics cards are not backwards compatible with many older OS X versions. Apple does not maintain support for older hardware in newer OS versions the way that MS does. (Win11 still supports analog VGA output) 15 pin D-Sub was introduced back in 1987. That was nearly 36 years ago!

Just have to accept that fact to reside in the Apple ecosystem. Some people do try to force newer hardware to work with an older macOS version but there are many compromises. Certain basic functions like USB may not work. In my opinion it's much smarter to just use supported hardware and get everything 100% working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back