Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-75BM-D3H
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 460
I'm installing windows 7 on a hard drive I pulled out of my MacBook Pro which I formatted to FAT32. I used windows to make a bootable USB from a windows 7 ISO file. I connected the hard drive to the motherboard and gave it power. In the bios, I choose to boot the flash drive before the MacBook hard drive. I selected the mode to ACHI. Not sure what else to do to troubleshoot. I get a blinking underscore when I turn it on and try to install windows. Any advice?

I'm installing windows 7 on a hard drive I pulled out of my MacBook Pro which I formatted to FAT32. I used windows to make a bootable USB from a windows 7 ISO file. I connected the hard drive to the motherboard and gave it power. In the bios, I choose to boot the flash drive before the MacBook hard drive. I selected the mode to ACHI. Not sure what else to do to troubleshoot. I get a blinking underscore when I turn it on and try to install windows. Any advice?

Use http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool to create your Windows install USB.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it and post the results. In the mean time, is there anything that I might have missed?

Thank you, this worked flawlessly. I have another issue with connecting to an HDMI tv, but that may just be a driver issue and I haven't been able to connect it to the internet yet. So, first I need to try a couple things with that before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back