Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, not sure if this a post-installation instead but I think it belongs here.

So I installed HS, all good with the installation. I ran multibeast and then restarted.
It takes me to clover screen, I press "Exit clover" and then a blinking underscore appears (top left) that stays there forever.
I messed around with BIOS but it doesn't seem to change anything. Is it a BIOS thing or could it be something in Multibeast? I also took off all the other drives but nothing.

If I try and boot from my USB it works fine and takes me to the next screen where I can pick my HD and boot into HS.

any thoughts ?

Hey, not sure if this a post-installation instead but I think it belongs here.

So I installed HS, all good with the installation. I ran multibeast and then restarted.
It takes me to clover screen, I press "Exit clover" and then a blinking underscore appears (top left) that stays there forever.
I messed around with BIOS but it doesn't seem to change anything. Is it a BIOS thing or could it be something in Multibeast? I also took off all the other drives but nothing.

If I try and boot from my USB it works fine and takes me to the next screen where I can pick my HD and boot into HS.

any thoughts ?
then copy the efi from your usb installer to your hard drive

I did check for blinking underscore. Some people said about BIOS and/or disconnect other drives which as I said I tried already. It also seems to be a common issue with people who run Windows and OS X on the same computer (I don't).

@Feartech do I need to copy the partition? Sorry,not an expert on this.

I did check for blinking underscore. Some people said about BIOS and/or disconnect other drives which as I said I tried already. It also seems to be a common issue with people who run Windows and OS X on the same computer (I don't).

@Feartech do I need to copy the partition? Sorry,not an expert on this.
nope just the EFI folder

I don't see an EFI folder. I can only see an EFI-Backups folder but it's empty. 0 kb. Is that it?
(I also check hidden files)

Also should I copy it somewhere specifically ?

I don't see an EFI folder. I can only see an EFI-Backups folder but it's empty. 0 kb. Is that it?
(I also check hidden files)

Also should I copy it somewhere specifically ?
mount your efi partition on your usb installer using efimounter software, then copy efi folder to desktop

remove usb

mount efi on hard drive using efi mounter software and replace the efi from desktop to efi partition

The Z68X-UD3H-B3 was originally a Legacy board - May need a BIOS upgrade for UEFI.

Thank you, I'm trying to create a boot USB drive to upgrade to UEFI but I can't find a way to do it on a mac. I'll probably do it on a windows pc later but if someone sees it and knows how to do it let me know please.

Btw, funny and weird, I managed to install HS and it was working/booting just fine! (no UEFI bios). Then there was something wrong and I decided to reinstall HS. I did it and nowI get the blinking underscore! I have no clue why. The two installations were only a few hours apart and I'm pretty sure I did the exact same things.

Last edited:

Btw, funny and weird, I managed to install HS and it was working/booting just fine! (no UEFI bios). Then there was something wrong and I decided to reinstall HS. I did it and nowI get the blinking underscore! I have no clue why.

I'm not sure why you tried to exit the Clover menu but when booting straight to it there's nowhere to exit. You could reinstall Clover in legacy mode from either Multibeast or the stand alone legacy Clover package in the downloads section. That would correct MBR/boot sector issues. However if your UEFI BIOS upgrade goes well that should solve the problem as well and may give you some extra functionality too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back