1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
i5 2500k
Radeon HD 6850

I'm on number 4 of Step 3 in this guide, choosing USB @ the Chimera screen and my issue is the blank/white screen noted on there. Here's a list of what I have happening.

1. Choosing USB-HDD without any entering any commands doesn't show a blank/white screen, but instead my monitor goes into power saving mode, essentially turning off.

2. Entering PCIRootUID=0 shows the white screen.

3. Entering GraphicsEnabler=No shows the white screen.

4. For the other two, -v and -x, is that all I enter? I might have done that wrong, in which case I'll try it when I'm off work.

I had same problem with my 6870.You need to delete the ATI6000Controller.kext that it's on the Unibeast drive.You may need to show hidden files to find it on the USB drive.Save the kext to another location,delete it from the Unibeast drive,restart,boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, you will (hopefully) reach the installer screen.

When I was installing, I was using the Gigabyte AMD 6850 Same issue with the 6xxx cards). I swapped out the card for another, removing the 6xxxkext will also work. Although I haven't tried it. I read that by pulling out the screen cable and reinserting worked. And another was to hit the power button softly. Although it sounds insane to do the later two, I was just curious to see if it was a quick solution/remedy for this issue.

Proven way is removal of card or the Ati6xxxx.kext. At least there is a solution. :D

-v and -x will give you Verbose readout during boot -V and -X means Safe Mode so you can get in to delete kexts or change things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back